White Room 1990 Rock in Chile Lick

If you're searching for a special part of a song or a chord sequence, ask here. Include as much details as possible (e.g. time range, album).
StratLover2

White Room 1990 Rock in Chile Lick

Post by StratLover2 »

Hi!

I found (to me at least) one of the most amazing videos of White Room I have ever seen on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkJQGw3SPXE

There is a spot that I would like somebody to tab out if possible. It starts at 3:55 or so and goes to about 4:05. That little section I think is one of the prettiest parts of an EC solo I have ever heard.

Thanks

StratLover2
12bar
Site Admin

Re: White Room 1990 Rock in Chile Lick

Post by 12bar »

The image quality is lousy - but it's a nice lick, doesn't sound too difficult. Maybe this evening I'll take a look.
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

A quick hack - some notes are actually bend a little bit higher, or his axe was out of tune... :big_smile:

Code: Select all

I------------------------------------------------------------------------------------I
I--...-17-15--17b(18)rb17b(18)rb17-15~~~--13h15-15-15-15-13h15-15-15-----------------I
I------------------------------------------------------------------------------------I
I---------------------------------------------actually a quarter tone higher---------I
3:55

I----------19------------------------------------------------------------------------I
I--17b(19)----17b(19)rb7-15h17-17-15-15--13h15-15~~~---------------------------------I
StratLover2

Post by StratLover2 »

Thanks Gerd!

That looks like quite a treat of a lick to work on. Once I get it down, should be some nice lick verbiage for D minor that I can combine with my own verbiage. I will monkey with it tonight. I wouldn't be surprised if his axe was out of tune, goodness knows mine go off by a quarter of a tone during concerts!

Thanks a lot,

StratLover2
tradrrr

Post by tradrrr »

Nice. Thanks for posting.

Interesting seeing him playing it on a strat and getting such a great sound from it when I believe he played it originally on a gibson (correct me if i'm wrong).
Let me tell you what the blues is....