The PG out of phase sound on a Strat

Talk about guitars, amplifiers, effects and other gear
Ulysses

The PG out of phase sound on a Strat

Post by Ulysses »

Okay, how exactly would I achieve this on an SSS strat? I suppose the best option would be to reverse the wiring on the middle pickup, but... where? On the pick up base, on the 5-way switch or the volume pot? Changing it on the pickup base is no option for me as I'm not that skilled a solderer and I'd most likely end up melting the plastic around the plate.

I have an old SX strat that I don't use at all so I'm open toany sortof experimenting. Awile ago I tried changing out the magnet itself, but the thing wouldn't budge.
12bar
Site Admin

Re: The PG out of phase sound on a Strat

Post by 12bar »

https://www.seymourduncan.com has a lot of wiring diagrams and tech tips - maybe worth a visit...
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

I'll check into it.I suppose the easiest way would be to switch the hot and the ground wires on the pickup itself.
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

It's amazing how much more complicated wiring gets going from two to three pickups!

Brings back memories of various attempts to rewire pickups in my past while I gradually realised I was rubbish at soldering!!
A PG out of phase sound is a good one if you can get it wired up right. :thumbsup:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

VikingBlues wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:51 pm It's amazing how much more complicated wiring gets going from two to three pickups!
Oh, yes! I remember putting the Seymour Duncan JB Jr. Humbucker into my strat - with a push-pull poti. Very simple electric lines, but too many wrong choices... :lol: