Who's there?

Guest book, site news and suggestions, introductions
12bar
Site Admin

Who's there?

Post by 12bar »

There hasn't been much traffic here the last weeks and I wonder who's still reading here.
It would be nice if we can live it up a bit - any ideas?
I know that I didn't post much either, since a few weeks my health is not the best (see older post) and the doctors are still searching. Yes, we're getting older. :sad:
Blindboy

Re: Who's there?

Post by Blindboy »

I'm still drifting through a couple of times a week. My situation is kind of wierd right now. I have been battling a bad bout of pneumonia since Feb and have been living down in the Village (lower elevation,1920 meters rather than 2530 at my house) where my internet connection is sketchy. In some ways it's pretty nice... I'm in a little trailer (caravan) right on the river, behind the resturaunt where we play on Mondays. I sit around and read or play my resonator guitar. On the other hand I miss my house and my wife (she comes down and hangs with me most every day), and I'm too weak to play with the band much. Getting better, but it is a long slow process.
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"
fenson

Post by fenson »

Yep!
I'm here, still playing most every days but with spring coming there's a lot of work to care a little cottage like mine and I'm still working on that theater soundtrack (my psychedelic post)... The first time for me to deal with such project! We"re supposed to play live at least for the very first venues. We plan to record each of these opening gigs, and the take the best parts of each to re-master kinda "live sound track" for later use...

Take care guys, take your medecine and rest
I'l be back as soon as I'll get some more spare time
"Don't be afraid by wrong notes, it doesn't exist" Miles Davis.
Strattem

Post by Strattem »

Hi,

I've been lurking for six or seven years now, regularly reading posts or listening to recordings of Gerd, Blindboy, Half Blind Lefty, Tytlblues and so many others. I registered so I could reply.

There may not be so much traffic these days, but 12bar.de always was a very nice and interesting place to hang out. Let's hope things will change for the better!

I'm hardly into recording, DAW's and stuff, otherwise I would have registered much earlier.

I live in Belgium, play out regularly with the band.

Strattem
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

:welcome: + thanks for your thoughts!
Just out of the MRT tube and keeping fingers crossed... :fingerscrossed:
Strattem

Post by Strattem »

Fingers crossed!
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

I'm still around, but every year that goes by I seem to have less and less free time. It's taken me three days to catch up with this thread I see. :sad:

I'm hoping to make it through to retirement in a few years and hopefully get some more time for things I enjoy. It doesn't help at the moment that so little of my music playing and learning is blues related - I don't like to post a whole load of what is in effect off topic posts!

My fingers crossed for you too on the health front Gerd and I hope you get over that pneumonia quickly Blindboy - you've been having a bad run of it health wise. Getting older ain't so much fun. Mine is a minor problem compared to both yours but I'm having issues with dizzy spells at the moment. The doctor has no idea what it is, but it seems as it is gradually getting better it's not worth finding out. Had been pretty good this week then I had it kick in strongly early today and I had to grab the furniture to stay upright. Yep - it's that getting older thing. :thumbsdown:

I will try and get over here a bit more often - I should maybe do some work on my DADGAD acoustic blues book I got recently.
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

VikingBlues wrote:Getting older ain't so much fun.

As we say over here, getting old is great, but being old not... :whistle:
I consider myself not as really old :big_smile: :oldie: , but I'm used to do sports 2-3 days a week and it's hard to stop it completely for still unknown reasons.
Anyway, :easter2: is coming I have to care for my kids. :D
jokron

Post by jokron »

Well, I've been away for a while and since I've retired from work October 2016 I've been busy restoring my house and my summer place by the sea. So there hasn't been that much playing, some pianojazz/-blues. No writing/recording of songs and hardly touched my guitars. I still have my "studio", computer, some guitars, keyboards and drums so I hope to get up on track again soon and post some blues...

Getting old isn't that bad, considering the alternative ;-)

I hope your health is improving...

Take care!

/Jokron
I was looking for the perfect guitar, I found it...but...I ran into trouble...it was looking for the perfect guitarist...
Traveler

Post by Traveler »

So I saw this thread this morning and thought I'd register and give my support.
I've used 12 bar's resources for about a year now but haven't been active on the board so I thought it was about time. Ok, I felt guilty :mercy:

I'm almost 65 and stopped playing in my mid 20s, but about a year ago I picked up playing a guitar again and I'm really enjoying it. In life, guitar has always been my one constant to lift me up and to give me direction.

I've gotten a few of my neighbors together and we've been playing for probably about 3 months now. It's going reasonably well :clap: I'm not a very patient person so I have to say I'm prouder of letting the group develop at it's own pace than I am at my own playing :motz:

Anyway just wanted to lend my support however I can.
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

:welcome: to the forum!
Your story sounds familiar... :big_smile:
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

:welcome: to the forum Traveler. :D

Your guitar playing story with that big gap in the middle year sis indeed VERY familiar indeed.

You are right about the guitar playing giving you a lift - I can honestly say that, whatever sanity I have left, guitar has played a large part in keeping it intact.

I liked your positive spin on getting old Jokron - I must take that on board. :D

You seem to have been hit by what I've heard a lot of people say - life gets much busier when you retire.
Maybe I'll find that out for myself in about 3 years.
pxm

Post by pxm »

Hi !!! Im pxm from Sweden. I like to reharmonize the 12 bar blues and try how it sounds in Cubase. This is a great site !!! :)
jokron

Post by jokron »

So, now the main restoring issues has come to an end :-)

Bought me two new guitars, a Strat and a Les Paul...upgraded Cubase to pro 9 and dusted off my Boss GT-100...and made a one year subscription of Guitar Techniques...

Life is good :)
I was looking for the perfect guitar, I found it...but...I ran into trouble...it was looking for the perfect guitarist...
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

Congrats - hope to hear some sounds... :dance: :music2:
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

A lengthy restoration job - but they usually are for good results!

Hope the freedom to get playing with your new guitars goes well, and that there isn't too much of a learning curve with the upgraded Cubase! :thumbsup:
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

Still here every now and then. Almost no playing.
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

HalfBlindLefty wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:33 pm Almost no playing.
That's a pity... :tears:
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

It is a shame.

I stumbled across the video collab of "Old Man of the Sea" a couple of days ago.
I was marvelling at the great HBL guitar lines played on the trusty Tokai.
tytlblues

Post by tytlblues »

Trying to be here more, but it is sad that days can get so busy it's hard to stop in.....so glad that Gerd keeps it open......does anyone know where Micheal R. Has been? I guees I have missed a lot......for what it's worth.....nice to have this blues family
Tytlblues

"Notes are expensive... spend them wisely”
BB King