Need help finding Lonnie Mack Music

If you're searching for a special part of a song or a chord sequence, ask here. Include as much details as possible (e.g. time range, album).
FumbleFingers

Need help finding Lonnie Mack Music

Post by FumbleFingers »

New guy here and since I'm not sure where this should go, I'll put it here until I can find my around this place. I am looking for sheet music in either tab or standard notation to Lonnie Mack's "Oreo Cookie Blues." I'll PAY FOR IT. I can find his tunes Memphis and Wham out on the net, but nothing else. Can't find Oreo Cookie Blues in music books or sheet music. Been all over town (Atlanta) which ain't no small town trying to find it, but store clerks look at me and say Lonnie who? There ought to be a law that no one under 40 can be a clerk in a music store because all these young people know is current stuff and it's all pop.

If I were a better musician, I could listen and look at him playing that on the net ( see it here--> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AG58k47ow64 since there are about three or four versions of him doing it, one with SRV, and be able to figure out the blues progression he is playing. I THINK he's doing it in "A", but not sure and I want to be able to do it EXACTLY like he is there. I'll need to change it to E to better suit my voice. But FIRST I've got to find it.

If any of you blues pickers know where I can find that music, I'd be much obliged if you were to tell me where to look and THANKS for your help.
ElMano

Re: Need help finding Lonnie Mack Music

Post by ElMano »

It is a standard blues with some licks an riffs by both guitar players SRV and Lonnie. Maybe you can find some more over here.

http://www.google.nl/search?q=oreo+cook ... =firefox-a

Good luck
You can't bend the rule, Every man is some womans fool
FumbleFingers

Post by FumbleFingers »

Thanks Elmano but I've already been through all of that. In fact, I went through 8 or 9 pages of references but NONE of them had the music. I've got the lyrics.

If any of you pickers out there know where to find this, please give me a shout.
FumbleFingers

Post by FumbleFingers »

Never mind. I have it now.
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

Since I've just started with it it would be nice to tell us where you got it... :icon_whoknows:
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

AG58k47ow64
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

That's where I got the audio from - but how did he get to notes?
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

Working on it... please be patient :)
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....