Blind Faith Tabs

If you're searching for a special part of a song or a chord sequence, ask here. Include as much details as possible (e.g. time range, album).
leandrorp

Blind Faith Tabs

Post by leandrorp »

Hi, I've never seen a complete song tablature of Blind Faith's Had to cry today and well all right. These songs have a beautiful intros and verses.
Could Someone help at least in the introduction of music well alright, and the tablature of whole verses and pre chorus of the song Had to cry today?
Thanks
12bar
Site Admin

Re: Blind Faith Tabs

Post by 12bar »

leandrorp

Post by leandrorp »

Hi,
In well all right song, the best intros are the original blind faith album version, and the madison square garden live( clapton with winwood) version. I've been tryin to play this part, but its very difficult play it like clapton, with the same tone and notes. In dvd (madson square garden, he play these intro notes between 5 and 12, using single notes and double stops. The album version is little different that the live version, but very cool too. And the way that clapton play it is unknow, to me, and to hall leonard books, that never tab it.

In Had to cry today, the intro is very easy to play and find tabs, the solo too, but no the others parts. Just the chords are easy to find, but no claptons arpeggios, hammers, bends and notes, that he play in blind faith studio album. It is unique, beautiful, easy to play, but until now, nobody post how do it. Hal leonard neither.

My ears dont help me to do it. if someone could help, these 2 magnific songs will be play more times by clapton fans, in each bar in the world. Sorry my bad english, Im Brazilian clapton fan.
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

OK, I don't have the time to tab it all, so just tell me
- the version
- an exact time range (about 10 - 20 sec) of the part you really want to know

I'm not bad at tabbing EC's playing, although I might play it not exactly the same way (my fingers are much shorter).
leandrorp

Post by leandrorp »

Ok, the music parts are:

Well All Right
time 0:00 to 0:18(intro) and 0:18 to 0:35(verse)

Had to Cry today - HClapton and Winwood play the intro part in verse too, but my difficulty is in the other parts where clapton improvises on the chords arpeggios and scales.
time 0:25 to 1:15(verse 1); 1:28 to 2:18(verse 2); 4:07 to 4:57(verse 3); 5:10 to 6:41(verse 4)

Thank you
leandrorp

Post by leandrorp »

The music versions are the blind faith studio album.
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

OK, 1st try:
leandrorp wrote: Well All Right
time 0:00 to 0:18(intro)

Code: Select all

I-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------I
I-5h6-5-6-8\-6-5---------------5h6-5-6-8\-6-5-------------------------Repeat 2x-------I
I-----------------7-7-5-5h7~~-----------------7--7-7\5---5h7~~------------------------I
I------------------------------------------------------7--------7\--------------------I
I-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------I
0:00                                                                            Well...

leandrorp

Post by leandrorp »

First, thanks to help

No doubt, these are the right intro notes the he uses.

Do you think that he uses double stops in some of the first six notes? Or is it just an impression by the sound tone?

Thanks
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

Next...

I--------------------------------------2----------------------------------------------I
I--------5-----------5---------------3---3-------5------------------------------------I
I------5---5-------5---5-----------------------5---5-----Repeat-----------------------I
I-0-------------0---------0--------0---------0----------------------------------------I
I------------------------(piano)------------------------------------------------------I
0:18                               D         C9
To me on the album version it doesn't contain double stops, but it's hard to decide because of the effects and the other instruments.
leandrorp

Post by leandrorp »

Ok, D and C9 Arpeggios, and the chorus are G/A/(D/C/D).

Thanks to help.

If you know Had To Cry Today tab, please let me know too.

Thanks
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

I'll see what I can do, very busy at the moment but I've started with the first notes. Hopefully this weekend...
leandrorp

Post by leandrorp »

Hi 12bar, please dont forget to help me with Had To Cry Today song
thanks
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

C
I-----8-----8-------------------12-----12-----10---------------------------------------I
I--------------8-----------------------------------------------------------------------I
I-7/9-----9-------9-------10/12----12-----10--------------------3----------------------I
I---------------------------------------------------------3h5-5---5p3------------------I
I---------------------------------------------------------------------5 .....----------I
I--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------I
0:25
Not exactly, but as you said already, it's pretty much chord picking...
chordstv

Post by chordstv »

Hi, could you please post tab for Had to Cry Today's solo part. Thanks very much.