Yer Blues (Dirty Mac)

If you're searching for a special part of a song or a chord sequence, ask here. Include as much details as possible (e.g. time range, album).
jimmypagezoso94

Yer Blues (Dirty Mac)

Post by jimmypagezoso94 »

I was wondering if anybody could tab the song Yer Blues the live version that Eric Clapton, John Lennon, Keith Richards, and Mitch Mitchell did, I dont really need tabs for the studio version because I have learned that already. I have looked the internet for it. I also tried to figure it out myself, however i haven't been playing long enough to learn it by ear. At the bare minimum the licks before the solo or the kind of boogie thing right before the solo would be very helpful. Thanks in advance.
12bar
Site Admin

Re: Yer Blues (Dirty Mac)

Post by 12bar »

You mean:

[youtube]yHjDpMYESrY[/youtube]
jimmypagezoso94

actually thiis one would be better. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTFqMazgHWM its the same version but this one doesn't have the conversation with Mick and John before the playing starts. From 3:07 to 3:15 on the solo would be really helpful too along with some licks during the song and the boogie style part. Anything would be really helpful.
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

Code: Select all

I----------11------------------------------------------------11--------------------------I
I----------11------11-----11-------------11-----11-14-----11-----------------------------I
I--13b(15)-----13b----13b----(...)---13b----13b-------13b-------13b(15)rb13-11b----------I
I-------------------------------------------------------------------------------13-11-13-I
I----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------I
I----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------I
3:07                                 3:14
It's in Eb (or E tuned down half a step), you can use the 1st Blues pattern at the 11th fret.

A short guide how to tab youtube songs using free software:

- download using Firefox and http://www.downloadhelper.net/ or any other program that'll do the job
- convert to mp3 using Free FLV Converter V6.7.6 ( http://www.koyotesoft.com/indexEn.html ) or any other converter
- open with Audacity ( http://audacity.sourceforge.net/ )
- select the part you want to tab
- if needed, use the change tempo effect (keeping the pitch) to slow down
- click play while pressing down the shift key, this will loop the selection

:dance:
Pena

Post by Pena »

12bar wrote: - select the part you want to tab, my question is, can you do it with any mp3?
And most important, how does it do the tabs? :think:
"The blues is a low down achein' chill" Robert Johnson
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

Pena wrote:12bar wrote: - select the part you want to tab, my question is, can you do it with any mp3?
And most important, how does it do the tabs? :think:
YOU do the tab :alright: but it helps a lot if the song part repeats over and over and can be slowed down... sorry if that was confusing. :icon_whoknows:
jimmypagezoso94

Thanks for the tab it was helpful but im still having trouble figuring the boogie part out and that lick that repeats itself like from 21 sec to 24 sec. I have some of it close but it doesnt sound completely right.
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

Code: Select all

I---------------------------------I
I-11------------------------------I
I-13b(15)rb13b(15)rb13--11b-------I
I----------------------------13---I
0:21
jimmypagezoso94

Thanks alot that really helps and I figured the boogie part out so the song is coming together quiet nicely.