Admin

Oh, yeah Wynton Marsalis & Eric Clapton Play The Blues

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

I simply love this :big_smile:

cnJ9FvOOcwY

RvNIivHdy0Q

I feel I'm going to add another style to my music
:bb:
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
VikingBlues

Re: Oh, yeah Wynton Marsalis & Eric Clapton Play The Blues

Post by VikingBlues »

I'm with you on this! :thumbsup:

I mentioned liking this Layla version when it was flagged up in the "I'm back plus Claptons new CD" thread around 6 weeks ago. I still like it - maybe even more now.
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
SamTheMan

Post by SamTheMan »

Music of the gods ....couldn't sleep so found this who cares about sleep with music like this .... lol
Strummer07

Post by Strummer07 »

Thanks for posting HBL .. interesting material
Really good to hear Eric talking a bit about what he's doing and why .........I just wish he did it a bit more often.
I always feel a bit saddened when I go and see him .....and he says nothing, It feels like a missed opportunity.
He has so much to say,such a fantastic story . even if he only spoke about what a song means to him or why he's doing it, plus he speaks well.
Musically,this ( Kinda New Orleans Jazz style ??) is not my bag at all ..and whilst its beautifully performed , its not a CD I would buy ....but a pleasant, different listen and yet another side to this very talented man.
Thanks
"Death is just a heartbeat away"
lyric from "Out in The Fields"
Gary Moore 1952-2011
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

Strummer07 wrote:I always feel a bit saddened when I go and see him .....and he says nothing, It feels like a missed opportunity.
He says a lot, but usually with his guitar... :lol:
deltabluesrookie

Post by deltabluesrookie »

I agree, nice stuff, but I probab;y wont buy it either. Ill hold out for the next blues cd. Strummer you are right he is a great speaker. I always enjoy the RJ sessions DVD more-so with the small interview portions in-between sessions
"I'm Bad...like Jesse james"
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

As much as I have to admit that EC seems to have no musical limits, this CD is not my taste. He sings great, has some nice guitar runs, the musicians are excellent, but I don't like this sort of music. :icon_whoknows: 44 has been ruined IMHO...
LeftyCanuck

Post by LeftyCanuck »

12bar wrote:As much as I have to admit that EC seems to have no musical limits, this CD is not my taste. He sings great, has some nice guitar runs, the musicians are excellent, but I don't like this sort of music. :icon_whoknows: 44 has been ruined IMHO...
I beg to differ. 44 was great! Layla was a nice variation (although the best version was the Dr. John duets funky one). I've been watching the DVD of this show over and over since I got it.
kiwiclapton

Post by kiwiclapton »

12bar wrote:As much as I have to admit that EC seems to have no musical limits, this CD is not my taste. He sings great, has some nice guitar runs, the musicians are excellent, but I don't like this sort of music. :icon_whoknows: 44 has been ruined IMHO...
Fully agree!. His last record was borderline for me. I cross my fingers that EC "reinvents" a Cream ish phase and makes a record. He's not too old for that!
In the name of God, Eric Clapton and the Slowhand, Amen.
kiwiclapton

Post by kiwiclapton »

deltabluesrookie wrote:I agree, nice stuff, but I probab;y wont buy it either. Ill hold out for the next blues cd. Strummer you are right he is a great speaker. I always enjoy the RJ sessions DVD more-so with the small interview portions in-between sessions
Yep, the RJ period was pretty cool.
In the name of God, Eric Clapton and the Slowhand, Amen.