Techniques, licks, tabs, chords, tutorials
SixStringsDown

Post by SixStringsDown »

Hi i am new around here,

My name is simon and i have been fumbling around on the guitar since i was about 13. I am now knocking on the door of 40 so it wont be long before the mobility scooter enters my life!! :D

I have always loved the blues and blues/rock. Listened to all the usual suspects from the early pioneers to the modern guys!

Look forward to posting on the forum and reading peoples threads!!

Cheers :music1:
tytlblues

Re: New Member

Post by tytlblues »

:welcome: Howdy Simon......excellent choice you made to come here. Great bunch of people. Lots to learn and listen too! :music2:
Tytlblues

"Notes are expensive... spend them wisely”
BB King
ElMano

Post by ElMano »

:welcome: Simon i am 60 :oldie: :oldie: older than most It won't be long before i 'll be nothing but a ghost ( Clapton at The road to Escondido) You are still young here and at the blues to
You can't bend the rule, Every man is some womans fool
Strummer07

Post by Strummer07 »

Hi there SixStrings Down !

You've found the best spot on the web !! :thumbsup:

Enjoy !
"Death is just a heartbeat away"
lyric from "Out in The Fields"
Gary Moore 1952-2011
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

:welcome: to the furum Simon.

If you like the blues you should get something from the forums here - hope you like it. :D
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
drockadam

Post by drockadam »

Welcome to the Greatest Blues Forum on the Web! :welcome: I'll add you on YouTube! :handshake:
Keep The Blues Alive,

- Adam De Rocco
2WheelsOfBlues

Post by 2WheelsOfBlues »

:wave: Simon :welcome: here.

Well when i got in a 2 wheels chair i start to play the blues, :think: eehh.... well i try to learn it :wink:
Sow if you get in it you can allready play. and hey you are sitting always in the front of anything :lol:

Anyway you found a great site/forum to wath and learn from a lot members here.
They all want to explaine you questions if you have and must of the time they help where they can.
Even, like my, when its writing is in bat english :D

But i like what i seen and hear on those 2 channels :thumbsup:
Last edited by 2WheelsOfBlues on Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
play guitar like the wind, mysterious but definitely present....
Blindboy

Post by Blindboy »

:welcome: to the coolest guitar forum on the web. Listened to a couple of your posts on SC and liked what I heard. :thumbsup:
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"
deejaid

Post by deejaid »

:welcome: Simon. This is hands down the best guitar forum on the web. Everyone here is helpful, insightful, and just a great group of guys.
MojoJim

Post by MojoJim »

:welcome: , simon - this is a great forum. Don't be concerned about age. I'm pushing 70 - and I'm just a beginner in Blues guitar. Every skill level and every age seems to be well represented here.

After listening to several of your songs on SC, "Come On Honey" jumps out as an early favorite. Good playing in all of your songs.
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

My fellow forum members are much more observant than me Simon - I missed seeing the soundclick link - I am due an eye test though.

Not time to check it out properly yet (or to look at YouTube at all) but it's already obvious that I can echo what the others have said - very impressive collection of music you have on soundclick - very fluent playing in electric and acoustic, particularly the acoustic. No wonder there's a cleection of 5 star ratings attached to them. :clap:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
bluesfreek

Post by bluesfreek »

Welcome to the forum. I am fairly new here too and although I don't post that often I do lurk here from time to time. This forum is indeed the best blues guitar forum on the web and all the members have something helpful to contribute. There is a great wealth of knowledge here about this wonderful music called the blues.
losaavedra

Post by losaavedra »

Hi Simon. Great stuff you have on SC, agree with the Viking that the mix of acoustic and electric is a knockout. I can spot some John Martyn (greatly missed) influence on several tracks, also Pentangle. The electric blues pieces, however, are way beyond my capability and I've already got 28 years on you!!! Was also very impressed by your recorded sound, great clarity. And, dammit, you can sing too whereas I generally croak. Good job Nursie is coming with my tablets soon else I be having a worrying night!
Mike
"I feel more like I do now than when I first came on" (Ronnie Scott, Maidstone)
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

I hope he's still here - no post since one month. Are you there? :wave: