BigBLue notes

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

BigBLue notes

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

After all it's VB that got me (not knowing) up to this. :haha:

His Bassman sample reminden me of the Cybertwin that has a bassman setting to :peace:
I added some extra's, the most apearant is the amp tremolo that I used for quite some time in this thingie.
The Avri stayed in her case an First lady took the lead, while I tried to find some note to use on this wonderous backingrack.

I'll upload it here, Not to sure about the quality so for now not on soundclick. The name comes from me working the IBM Iseries a lot lately :banana:

download/file.php?id=1121
Attachments

BigBlueNotes_mixdown.mp3 - (5.13 MiB)

A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Re: BigBLue notes

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

In case anyone is wondering, what's that with his avatar.... :think:
mugshot-h2 copy.jpg
mugshot-h2 copy.jpg (66 KiB) Viewed 9615 times
Yup the fool got himself a hat and "She who must be obeyed" got to choose and said yes.. before looking at the price tag :rofl: :away:
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
MikeJackal

Post by MikeJackal »

A think a touch of tremelo works well, but personally I would increase the rate a bit and lower the intensity, other than that a great recording. I too got me a hat while in Jacksonville....I look just as foolish as you in to too ;)
"You Only Live But Once, When Your Dead Your Done...So Let The Good Times Roll" - B.B. King
"I'm So Lonesome I Don't Even Have Me No Friend, I've Done So Much Crying Will I Ever Laugh Again" - Peter Green
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

I tip my hat to the man in the hat - I applaud your note choices HBL. :clap:

Nice to hear from the First Lady Again - she sounds in good voice - I'm glad I indirectly caused her voice to be heard here again - hope she's not been too neglected. :tongue:

This is a BT you're using that asks serious questions of the player - there's notes that will sound great but they need well chosen as you're very exposed with the lead playing. I admire hugely the skill with which you accomplish the task. :thumbsup:

I can't really comment on the Bassman tones but I'm suspecting i can be pretty sure you'll have got them damn close to the real thing. The amp tremelo (along with the like of rotary) is something I've never really understood or got the hang of making any sensible sounds with.

BTW - I like the Big Blue Notes title. :lol:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

The new hat is as cool as the playing! :thumbsup: :bb:
2WheelsOfBlues

Post by 2WheelsOfBlues »

Nice one HBL, job done

Oh and the song olso :haha: :lol: :whistle:
play guitar like the wind, mysterious but definitely present....
Blindboy

Post by Blindboy »

Sweet tones and beautiful playing! :thumbsup:
I like the hat too. (I am never seen without a hat :roll: )
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"
DeaconBlues

Post by DeaconBlues »

Very nice! A CyberTwin, eh? Besides delay, did you have any other effects going? Chorus?

Oh, yeah...the hat thing. I am seldom seen without a hat. I tried not wearing one recently and nearly blinded a couple of people. :rofl:
That boy ain't right...,

but he's big on the North Sea Coast of Germany.
oneeyedslide

Post by oneeyedslide »

Is that how Blindboy got his name? Don't want to reflect the sun's rays back into space. We all do our part to avert a new ice age!

I like the hat HBL. Seems to be catching. (check my avatar)
Last edited by oneeyedslide on Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

:rofl:
If so, my wife and my kids must also be blind... maybe I just start wearing hats! :lol:
losaavedra

Post by losaavedra »

The sax forum I spent a lot of time on before arriving here (and got hooked into guitar blues all over again) had a similar preoccupation with hats (pork pies being the ultimate biz) so I thought I'd treat you to my old avatar from there for a while !!! Observe that shades soon became equally compulsory. I can't remember what came next!
Nice playing HBL. Between yourself and the Viking I've been encouraged try various amp models recently that, although they've always been there in my processors, I hadn't yet got around to seeing what sort of difference they'd make!
Mike
"I feel more like I do now than when I first came on" (Ronnie Scott, Maidstone)
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

Thanks guys :) For both, the comments on the notes and the hat :)
I never expected a good hat could cost a cheaper guitar pfft The brand and material are both Borsalino btw

Let's hear a little Losaavedra :) Other people's sound tend to inspire me