Pyscho Aesthetic Concept Design .. ermm .. WHAT???!!!!

Talk about guitars, amplifiers, effects and other gear
VikingBlues

Pyscho Aesthetic Concept Design .. ermm .. WHAT???!!!!

Post by VikingBlues »

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaarghhhhhhh. :yikes:

VvHUJa88x14

Well - if it has the same sort of design features as most modern technology - given the images flashed up on the screen this seems to be the case - I guess these innovative new guitars will stop working after a few months or get screwed up by the latest body shell upgrade.

All this huge emphasis on how it looks, and how it "makes you feel about yourself" and then the 12 of them take a year to produce a stripey, plastic looking thing. Not sure what state you'd be in for that to make you feel good about yourself.

Whatever it looks like it'll still be a sod to master and play anyway. So the basic need of having an easy time is screwed straight away!

"They had to sound as good as any guitar in history" - BS alert.

I listened to this bit a few times in a daze. "According to the phsycho aesthetics philosophy designers can use masmos classic hierachy of needs to reframe their dimensions of analysis by viewing where current guitars on the market fit on masmos hierachy designers could predict what needs were un-met and create concepts for new guitars that would target those needs". WOW - my BS meter just melted! :wall:

Maybe I'm over-reacting - it's maybe too early in the morning for new concepts!
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
Blindboy

Re: Pyscho Aesthetic Concept Design .. ermm .. WHAT???!!!!

Post by Blindboy »

Whoo!... That's pretty bad! :thumbsdown:
I particularly disliked the discussion of tonewoods and plastic. The solution was a composite made from cottonwood? :yikes:
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"
oneeyedslide

Post by oneeyedslide »

Where's the flush-handle?
MojoJim

Post by MojoJim »

My guess is that they are working at the wrong end of Maslow's hierarchy of needs. :whistle:

They're working at the top of the hierarchy where higher level concepts such as self-realization exist (how you feel about yourself). :think: :wink:

Real guitars live at the bottom of the hierarchy with the most basic needs: survival, guitar, food, guitar, water, shelter, guitar, beer, etc. :beer: :snacks: guitar_fire:: guitar_fire::

They've missed their market entirely. :oldie: :away:
MikeJackal

Post by MikeJackal »

So they should make a guitar with a beer tap on the headstock, a candy bar dispenser below the tailpiece and a canopy tent that opens out from the control cavity....hey presto the perfect guitar and it didn't take me 12 months to design.
"You Only Live But Once, When Your Dead Your Done...So Let The Good Times Roll" - B.B. King
"I'm So Lonesome I Don't Even Have Me No Friend, I've Done So Much Crying Will I Ever Laugh Again" - Peter Green
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

This must be a YUKelele :icon_whoknows:
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
kiwiclapton

Post by kiwiclapton »

:yikes:

Don't like it!
In the name of God, Eric Clapton and the Slowhand, Amen.
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

No f****** way!
(acc. to the Blues Brothers)
Golfxzq

Post by Golfxzq »

Yeah... sure... they look cool and are "customizable", all made of aircraft steel and cotton polymers and stuff but how in the world wold the Acid Rockers smash this guitar on stage??? It would just fly apart or bounce up and club the guy in the head... not practical at all.
"Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right."
- Henry Ford