Teisco trippin'

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
oneeyedslide

Teisco trippin'

Post by oneeyedslide »

I've been lurking around this site for a year or so now. Great place, great people too! Up to now I've only thrown my 2 cents worth in here or there, never posting anything of my own. Well, things are gonna change now for better or for worse.
My sons helped my get going with audacity, but I never figured out the mp3 thing. I can burn projects to a disc, but I just stopped there for some reason. Besides, when I succeeded making myself sound better, I also seemed to no longer sound like ME. I couldn't help but feel like I was cheating and the results weren't very rewarding to me.
Next chapter: I recently went on a selling spree (the economy=NOGAS). I couldn't get anybody interested in my Squier Strat so I shot a demo of it on my little digital camera. Long story to short one. The Strat sold. And I was inspired by the results.
This video is pure raw minimalist stuff. No polish here! (sorry). Audio is straight outa the camera.
The "cave" is my cellar (120 year old house). Amp is my '66 Harmony 400A tube unit which torques out a wopping 3watts of ear stinging power! This guitar is NOT for sale though. It's my vintage Teisco/Global. Sold for 29.99 at Sears in 1966. Has a Kent Armstrong Firebird neck pickup in it. http://youtu.be/qMQrDkejXPE
Anyway, here ya go. Half-blind (also) and all thumbs. Tear me up. I can take it!
Last edited by oneeyedslide on Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
DeaconBlues

Re: Teisco trippin'

Post by DeaconBlues »

That's some juicy tone oozin' outa that Teisco and Harmony combo. :thumbsup:

I enjoyed your intro "show and tell". Makes me wish I still had my old Teisco.
That boy ain't right...,

but he's big on the North Sea Coast of Germany.
oneeyedslide

Post by oneeyedslide »

Thanks Deacon! I think I'm hanging on to this one. Computer moniter just took a dive. Be a while before I'm back. Hope this youtube thing works for everyone.
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

Rats - when I copy and paste "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMQrkejXPE" I get The URL contained a malformed video ID.

Any suggestions? What did Deacon do that I didn't? :wall:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
2WheelsOfBlues

Post by 2WheelsOfBlues »

VikingBlues wrote:Rats - when I copy and paste "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMQrkejXPE" I get The URL contained a malformed video ID.

Any suggestions? What did Deacon do that I didn't? :wall:

Here also :icon_whoknows: :sad:
play guitar like the wind, mysterious but definitely present....
Blindboy

Post by Blindboy »

Me too... :icon_whoknows:
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"
2WheelsOfBlues

Post by 2WheelsOfBlues »

I look also unther his name and title but no results :sad:
DeaconBlues

Post by DeaconBlues »

I'm getting the same message, now, when I try to play the video.
That boy ain't right...,

but he's big on the North Sea Coast of Germany.
oneeyedslide

Post by oneeyedslide »

Sorry guys! Just got back online with a new monitor. I'll see what I can do to fix it.
oneeyedslide

Post by oneeyedslide »

There's the problem! I think it's working now. At least it worked for me just now.
ratfinkdan

Post by ratfinkdan »

That was really sweet, I like it a lot!! Great tone, nice slide playin, I keep playin around with the slide maybe one of these days I'll get it, always like hearing it. Good job oneeyedslide, the cave looks like it has some real mojo!
Blindboy

Post by Blindboy »

Nice! :thumbsup:
Cool gear (and cave), and sweet tones. I love vintage gear. I like the hybrid picking you are doing too...
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

Wonderful sounds - glad you fixed it - that was well worth waiting for! Sweet ringing tones - nicely played indeed. One great advert for vintage gear. :clap:

It might be "pure, raw, minimal stuff" but it's all the better for it. MOJO! :thumbsup:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

Man that's great! The cave has a good Blues atmosphere, the guitar sounds excellent and the playing is a perfect slide guitar example. :clap:

The sound is really ideal for slide, load enough but still clean, like an electric Dobro.
Strummer07

Post by Strummer07 »

Oneeyedslide ... hey man , I'm so glad you got the link to work ...Thanks :thumbsup:

Great bit of music too ......love the tale about the Amp ..... The "Widow maker" indeedie !!! :big_smile:

and your Guitar ... that is one cool axe for $29.99 !! .........You must sure look after 'em !!( Or bury 'em in the garden for 30 years and dig 'em up fresh !! )
Just shows you don't have to pay top dollar to make good music .

Fab Den too !! .....What a real breath of fresh air your vid is ..............and good geetar too !!

Is that standard tuning ??? on the Teisco ???

thanks !!
"Death is just a heartbeat away"
lyric from "Out in The Fields"
Gary Moore 1952-2011
oneeyedslide

Post by oneeyedslide »

Strummer07 wrote: that is one cool axe for $29.99 !! .........You must sure look after 'em !!( Or bury 'em in the garden for 30 years and dig 'em up fresh !! )
Just shows you don't have to pay top dollar to make good music .
I think they were 29.99 new. I don't think I could have afforded it then... Interesting idea about the garden. I wonder if old strings would sprout into a vintage semi-hollow body guitar!
Strummer07 wrote:Is that standard tuning ??? on the Teisco ???
It's open D tuning. Actually I paid $75.00 US for the guitar several months ago. Since I was selling my other open D guitar I thought this would be a good, cheap replacement especially since the neck had already been broken and repaired once. Open D puts a little more strain on the neck (or so they say). I had the Firebird pickup laying around so I tried it and liked it. It made a similar sound to the Teisco pickup only a lot fatter bass and a more full treble.
Blindboy wrote:Cool gear (and cave), and sweet tones. I love vintage gear. I like the hybrid picking you are doing too...
The hybrid picking has evolved just recently. I couldn't seem to get the hang of it and then there it was all of a sudden.
12bar wrote:The sound is really ideal for slide, load enough but still clean, like an electric Dobro.
You need to hear my former Squier! It sounded even more resonator-like. I did a demo of it I'll post when I get thru my chore list. Might be next month though!! Thanks again for all the kind comments.
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

Hey HalfBlind brother in 6-string crime :)

Woooow Colorful to start with, I drifted off looking at your surroundings in stead of gaping at the beautiful Teisco :) Your playing brought the message through. That's for sure. Sweet sounding amp. The only thing I was missing is a couple of baar hanging woman on your side.

Do post more of your stuff, I like it a lot.
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
2WheelsOfBlues

Post by 2WheelsOfBlues »

nice slide playin, liked the sound really..... :thumbsup:
Nice bluesy sound it is :bb: .
I do not now the guitar brand, but hey who cares with a sound like this :big_smile:

maybey some more vids?? :whistle:
bluesfreek

Post by bluesfreek »

I loved it! :thumbsup: The sound on the video was good too. Gotta love that old vinatge gear sold by Sears. I have used old Silvertone and Harmony amps too. Heck when I was a kid in the 1970's all you could find were old Harmony tube amps...:lol: