Greetings from Canada!

Guest book, site news and suggestions, introductions
bluesfreek

Greetings from Canada!

Post by bluesfreek »

Greetings from Canada! I am so glad I have found this site!!! I am not new to the blues or blues guitar but I am new to this wonderful forum were I can finally be among friends. I have been enjoying listening to and playing the blues for well over 30 years now. I am looking forward to giving some tips from my experience & also to learn from the other forum members about all things blues guitar related.

Thanks again for such an awesome forum!

bf
2WheelsOfBlues

Re: Greetings from Canada!

Post by 2WheelsOfBlues »

:wave: Bluesfreak :welcome: here.

greetings from Holland :D
Yes youre right, this is the place to be voor the blues.

See you around :handshake:
play guitar like the wind, mysterious but definitely present....
losaavedra

Post by losaavedra »

¡Hola! from Spain. I'm fairly new myself ... but 'tis a nice place to be. Have fun ...
Mike
"I feel more like I do now than when I first came on" (Ronnie Scott, Maidstone)
Strummer07

Post by Strummer07 »

Welcome !!

you've arrived at the right place BluesF !!

Nice place is this !

Say a bit more about your 30 years.... Playing what and where ?? ...what sort of Blues is your thing ?
"Death is just a heartbeat away"
lyric from "Out in The Fields"
Gary Moore 1952-2011
Blindboy

Post by Blindboy »

:welcome: from New Mexico.
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

Welcome Bluesfreak
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

Another :welcome: from the other side of the pond!

My niece is currently in Canada (Toronto) - seems to be a nice country!
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

:welcome: from me too in Bonnie Scotland!
bluesfreek wrote:I have been enjoying listening to and playing the blues for well over 30 years now. I am looking forward to giving some tips from my experience & also to learn from the other forum members about all things blues guitar related.
I look forward to learning from your experience :thumbsup: - my experience of blues compared to a lot of others on the forum is like a Mafly's lifespan compared to a Galapagos Tortoise. So many people had the sense to enjoy and listen to blues at a young age - now where was it I went wrong! :sad:

From what you've said I'm sure you'll enjoy this wonderful forum. :D
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
MikeJackal

Post by MikeJackal »

Another welcome, from Sheffield, England this time. I'm sure you'll have fun...we do.
"You Only Live But Once, When Your Dead Your Done...So Let The Good Times Roll" - B.B. King
"I'm So Lonesome I Don't Even Have Me No Friend, I've Done So Much Crying Will I Ever Laugh Again" - Peter Green
drockadam

Post by drockadam »

:welcome: Hello, Bonjour! I am a fellow Canadian myself. Where are you from in Canada? :handshake:
Keep The Blues Alive,

- Adam De Rocco
bluesfreek

Post by bluesfreek »

Thanks 12bar and to all for the kind welcome. :big_smile:

To answer Strummer07's question. I play acoustic and electric blues. I have played in a duo with a harp player and now I sometimes gig for fun with an electric band. I have always loved music. Even as a youngster. When I got a bit older and a teenager in the 1970's I started to listen to and try to emulate my blues heros both acoustic and electric. The very first live blues show I ever attended was Sonny Terry & Brownie McGhee and I could not have been any more than 17 years old at the time. It was in a small nightclub and I even helped Sonny Terry onto the stage!! I also saw Albert Collins, James Cotton and Son Seals all at the same club within the same year. This club was so small you had to go outside to change your mind. Albert Collins did his whole 100' cord act and went outside the club to play on the street. James Cotton's guitarist was so nice to me and my buddy that he let us stay for the 2nd show without paying. I guess he was impressed that we knew about his Les Paul so he started showing it to us in-between the first and 2nd show. Next thing we know he says "hey were are all the people going?". We told him there are 2 shows and if we wanted to stay we'd have to pay. He said "don't worry I'll get the doorman to stamp your hands again so you can stay".

This is how I got introduced to the blues. :cool:
bluesfreek

Post by bluesfreek »

drockadam wrote::welcome: Hello, Bonjour! I am a fellow Canadian myself. Where are you from in Canada? :handshake:
Hello drockadam. Ottawa here. :wave:
kiwiclapton

Post by kiwiclapton »

Kia Ora, bro
In the name of God, Eric Clapton and the Slowhand, Amen.
drockadam

Post by drockadam »

Hello drockadam. Ottawa here. :wave:[/quote]

Awesome! I'm located in Kingston! :handshake: :high5:
Keep The Blues Alive,

- Adam De Rocco