Slip sliding away......

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
Blindboy

Slip sliding away......

Post by Blindboy »

Trying on some open tuning slide on the ancient SG... I haven't played in open tunings in a looong time. The band was kind enough to just jam in G and let me feel my way around. The ending is kind of abrupt... :roll: and it takes a bit to get rolling, but there is some OK stuff in the middle. :whistle:
http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=10678473
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"
oneeyedslide

Re: Slip sliding away......

Post by oneeyedslide »

Very slippery!! Gotta love it!
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

Sliding to the right notes with some style there despite the lack of pratice methinks! :clap:

Very nice backing too from the band. :thumbsup:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

You're right BB, Slip sliding in a great way.
I (for me) feel however that the overdrive/distortion is a bit over the top. For the remainder, great job !
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
oneeyedslide

Post by oneeyedslide »

What overdrive/distortion? Doesn't your SG just sound that way, BB?
Blindboy

Post by Blindboy »

Thanks for all the kind comments. :shy: There was an awful lot of hunting around and getting lost... This past Monday should prove a bit better. (I hope...) We have a gig on the fourth of July, so there should be a big crowd. I plan to actually break down and practice a bunch... :roll:

HalfBlindLefty wrote:I (for me) feel however that the overdrive/distortion is a bit over the top.
oneeyedslide wrote:What overdrive/distortion? Doesn't your SG just sound that way, BB?
:lol: Actually that is what that SG sounds like. The pickups are not original, and are WAY too hot. :roll: I plan to get some more appropriate pickups someday, but in the meantime, over the top is OK. :cool:
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"
DeaconBlues

Post by DeaconBlues »

Blindboy wrote:We have a gig on the fourth of July, so there should be a big crowd. I plan to actually break down and practice a bunch... :roll:

:yikes:

I'm hoping you mean that you and Becca have a gig on the 4th?
HalfBlindLefty wrote:I (for me) feel however that the overdrive/distortion is a bit over the top.
oneeyedslide wrote:What overdrive/distortion? Doesn't your SG just sound that way, BB?
:lol: Actually that is what that SG sounds like. The pickups are not original, and are WAY too hot. :roll: I plan to get some more appropriate pickups someday, but in the meantime, over the top is OK. :cool:
Yep, all SG all the time. :D If anything, the PA may have been dialed in a bit too hot for the recording set-up to handle. It's a steep learning curve for us all.

This past Monday, the SG was killer! :cool:
That boy ain't right...,

but he's big on the North Sea Coast of Germany.