HBL video.. uh ooh !

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

HBL video.. uh ooh !

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

I noticed that the extra visual fx I added didn't show, so I re-encoded with those fx active :shy:
Take a good look, something is not quite right in this vid. :wall:

I created a video as preperation to a good and full one, without the pictures only trick :)
I'm not going to comment on my lead laying, that's something you and I have to live with :haha:

I've been fooling around with the video director's features. This came out.

Xeq920dDtU4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xeq920dDtU4
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
VikingBlues

Re: HBL video.. uh ooh !

Post by VikingBlues »

If you're trying to get technical stuff on the video recording system to work it's no wonder you're feeling your creative side is suffering! Different parts of the brain I believe. :wall:

But - the video idea looks nice and the sounds / tone are beautiful. :thumbsup: :clap:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
Strummer07

HBL video.. Very Nice Too !!

Post by Strummer07 »

Eric on Friday .. great tones ...spot on !!.. Loved it !!

HBL on Sunday ..lovely tones .... spot on !! ... Like it a lot !! .. thanks !
"Death is just a heartbeat away"
lyric from "Out in The Fields"
Gary Moore 1952-2011
LeftyCanuck

Post by LeftyCanuck »

That was GREAT! Loved the tone and the licks.

Cudos too for having enough patience to pick through the chords for 4 min plus to play over them.... I can't keep my attention focused that long on rhythm before I feel the need to play lead lines.
2WheelsOfBlues

Re: updated :HBL video.. uh ooh !

Post by 2WheelsOfBlues »

HBL, not only the vid. is great and very nice to see, but thesong it self is very great.

You say, there is something is not quite right in this vid, well i don't see or hear it :icon_whoknows:

I listen to the music and look to the 3 vid's, and what i see and hear is beautifull, and thats the main point, isn't it :wink:
play guitar like the wind, mysterious but definitely present....
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

Thanks folks, was kinda fun creating this. Now I have to keep myself from redoing the lead to soon. I just have to let it sink in for a while.

btw : 3woB: Look at the rhythm parts
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
losaavedra

Post by losaavedra »

Great playing, interesting video too. I chuckled when the guy at bottom right decided he'd had enough at 4:03 (but we all have those problems). Nice one.
Mike
"I feel more like I do now than when I first came on" (Ronnie Scott, Maidstone)
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

losaavedra wrote:Great playing, interesting video too. I chuckled when the guy at bottom right decided he'd had enough at 4:03 (but we all have those problems). Nice one.
Exactly! A joy to listen AND view. Funny when Mr HBL No. 3 left and Mr HBL No. 1 looked into that direction! :lol:

Great piece of work! :clap:
Blindboy

Post by Blindboy »

:clap: :pray: :thumbsup:
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"
Golfxzq

Post by Golfxzq »

Great video HBL... Very imaginative. The playing ain't bad either, as expected. Great project.
"Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right."
- Henry Ford
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

Thanks a lot folks, I already have some new ideas on how to create the next video.

12bar wrote:
losaavedra wrote:Great playing, interesting video too. I chuckled when the guy at bottom right decided he'd had enough at 4:03 (but we all have those problems). Nice one.
Exactly! A joy to listen AND view. Funny when Mr HBL No. 3 left and Mr HBL No. 1 looked into that direction! :lol:

Great piece of work! :clap:
MHh I missed that myself :shy: , I did notice however that I shifted one of the smaller vids a bit to far and now the cord changes are wrongly timed :lol:
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

We are all looking at HBL No. 1! So much soul in his playing... :thumbsup:
Ron

Post by Ron »

HBL

We are delighted with this video "clip", very nice to see and hear.

Compliments to the perfect guitar playing.

We have missed your music.

Ron :oldie:
oneeyedslide

Post by oneeyedslide »

Top notch, as usual! Wonderful tasty playing VB! It's fun to watch a master of the backwards, but "right" side up Strat! How did you record the audio? Keep 'em coming, please!
nxsneil

Post by nxsneil »

Nice effort HBL, i was paying close attention to the bottom vids and was thinking hmm... altered tunings on one Gtr??? how is he doing this??? :icon_whoknows: , then saw HBL #3 get up and leave and it clicked that it was a video sync issue :lol:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Someday I aint gonna worry my life anymore....
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

HalfBlindLefty wrote:
oneeyedslide wrote:Top notch, as usual! Wonderful tasty playing VB! It's fun to watch a master of the backwards, but "right" side up Strat! How did you record the audio? Keep 'em coming, please!

The audio is the reason HBL 3 leaves to soon. I record vid with the Logitech software and the audio with adobe audition, using a Shure PG57 and PG58
Later I sync and put everything together.
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

nxsneil wrote:Nice effort HBL, i was paying close attention to the bottom vids and was thinking hmm... altered tunings on one Gtr??? how is he doing this??? :icon_whoknows: , then saw HBL #3 get up and leave and it clicked that it was a video sync issue :lol:
Thanks NX, you saw what I noticed myself. I didn't see myself leaving early, but caught the sunc issue with the guitar chords.. :handshake: