E.C.'s new guitar

Talking Blues, news, cool links
ampslap1

E.C.'s new guitar

Post by ampslap1 »

i'm not new here ,just had a security problem.......anyway have you checked out Eric's new Les Paul. do you think this could signal a change? i wasn't too pleased with the "Clapton" album,eventhough it is a worthy effort. i was hoping for a bit more old school blues rock, bluesbreaker style. i'm sure i'm not the only one. maybe the Gibson team up will produce some better results. he always (as of the past few years) wants to revisit the past, why not 1966. i always felt some things were left undone.
kiwiclapton

Re: E.C.'s new guitar

Post by kiwiclapton »

Well from one who's only recently discovered the "Beano" record, I kinda agree with you. I love EC's work on the Cradle record and you're right when you mention EC's latest is a "worthy effort" if only because his voice was in fine form.

I don't want to be cynical but I"m sure with the marketing of a new EC Gibson guitar your gonna get your wish! I really hope so too.
In the name of God, Eric Clapton and the Slowhand, Amen.
ampslap1

Post by ampslap1 »

wouldn't it be great if Marshall jumped on this and made a 1962 Bluesbreaker amp to the spects Eric used. you know he was realy looking for a Fender amp back then, but those were hard to get in England at that time. he wanted to get the sound his hero Freddy King was getting...he failed in the best way.Freddy used Fender amps and Marshalls were just hitting the market for what it's worth. Eric just went with what was avalible to him.a little side note Eric claims he didn't use the Dallas Range Master.there's a claim that you can achieve the Beano tone by jumping the channels, crank the amp use kt-66 tubes and a Les Paul. i don't know if that claim can be confirmed. that Beano tone is sometimes mistaken for the "woman tone" but that didn't come about until Cream. the tones are different.
kiwiclapton

Post by kiwiclapton »

ampslap1 wrote:wouldn't it be great if Marshall jumped on this and made a 1962 Bluesbreaker amp to the spects Eric used. you know he was realy looking for a Fender amp back then, but those were hard to get in England at that time. he wanted to get the sound his hero Freddy King was getting...he failed in the best way.Freddy used Fender amps and Marshalls were just hitting the market for what it's worth. Eric just went with what was avalible to him.a little side note Eric claims he didn't use the Dallas Range Master.there's a claim that you can achieve the Beano tone by jumping the channels, crank the amp use kt-66 tubes and a Les Paul. i don't know if that claim can be confirmed. that Beano tone is sometimes mistaken for the "woman tone" but that didn't come about until Cream. the tones are different.
100 per cent. I'm glad you mentioned it, I've had this discussion a few times with "blues experts" and they have missed in my opinion this key components of EC's sound, being a humble man I've not pushed the point.

Cheers.
ampslap1

Post by ampslap1 »

push the point brotha.......it's an awesome one to push.
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

We had this recently:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=454&p=4015
vancouverois

Post by vancouverois »

Sometimes some says that the Rangemaster wasn't used by EC at least for "All your love".
This clip demoes "All your love" with and without the Rangemaster (clone).
I guess the first take (without) sounds closer to the original tone but lets keep in mind so many
external factors can influence the tone. The amp seems to be a JTM45 RI I guess.

y6nQxOVR3UA
Jan 15th 2007
ampslap1

Post by ampslap1 »

oh i don't care if he used it or not. it just sounded good. i just wish he would do it again what ever he did. we need something real, with the state music is in this day.
kiwiclapton

Post by kiwiclapton »

Amen brother!