PC Crash

Guest book, site news and suggestions, introductions
12bar
Site Admin

PC Crash

Post by 12bar »

I'm trying to write this for the xth time, as my PC crashes every few seconds for unknown (hardware) reason. Will get a new one this week.
(And yes, I tried to change hardware things, but it is somewhere over the mainboard itself). :wall:

See ya... :icon_whoknows:
rocknroll93

Re: PC Crash

Post by rocknroll93 »

oh thats no good.

mine was beeping at me and wouldnt boot up the other day. i had pulled the hard drive and ram out so stick it in another computer that didnt wok at all, and when i stuck it back all I got was a beeping noise that sounded like a truk reversing. it turns out that I didnt have the RAM sticks in properly.

im glad I got it back up and running, have fun with your new computer. by the way, it sounds like yours could be the CPU overheating causing the computer to shut down.
"Playing the blues is like being black twice. Stevie Ray Vaughan missed out on both counts, but I never noticed" - BB king
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

Computers. :wall:

Great when they work - pita when they don't.

Good luck with getting a new one up and running easily. :thumbsup:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

OK, I'm back - partially. :wall:
New PC with Win 7 64 bit :yikes:
Need to re-install everything. Restore all data.
Several programs are not working.
My satellite TV card does not work :cry:
Hope my Gearbox does...

I've rescued a short video with guitar and put it on YT:

XqfuLBat1B8
(Watch in HD)
Influenced by a very special appearance of Andy Summers...
kiwiclapton

Post by kiwiclapton »

Wonderful, thanks for posting it,
In the name of God, Eric Clapton and the Slowhand, Amen.
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

Great playing 12bar - you were creating an atmosphere there that fitted the video pictures so well. :clap:

I loved the clarity of sweet tone and the subtle vibrato. It's a great shame you can't get more time to play - I always look forward to any posts of your music.

Anyone else think if Gerd gets Michael Kamen in for some keyboard colour we're right up at "Edge of Darkness" levels. :pray:

Good luck with the computer - re-installations are a pain, but a new O/S makes it even more teeth-grindingly frustrating. :wall:
LzyBlue

Post by LzyBlue »

Sorry about the 'puter problems....i know how it feels.

I agree with VikingBlues and like the atmosphere you set with the video and music. However, its hard to get the full effect when i'm sitting here today at 68 degrees Farenteit. (Gotta love Texas!)
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

LzyBlue wrote: However, its hard to get the full effect when i'm sitting here today at 68 degrees Farenteit. (Gotta love Texas!)
:yikes:
Well at least most of the snow is now gone. :xmas_1:

And I've got most of my data restored. Line6 Gearbox is working, but I have to adjust the recording settings. Finally I'll soon be able to be back on 12bar again - so many interesting posts to read...
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

12bar wrote:Well at least most of the snow is now gone. :xmas_1:

And I've got most of my data restored. Line6 Gearbox is working, but I have to adjust the recording settings. Finally I'll soon be able to be back on 12bar again - so many interesting posts to read...
Good news on both counts. Hope the recording settings behave themselves. :thumbsup:
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

They don't :wall:
The volume settings in W7 don't affect the gearbox in any way - it's always 100%. :nuts:
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

12bar wrote:They don't :wall:
The volume settings in W7 don't affect the gearbox in any way - it's always 100%. :nuts:
I wish Microsoft would just get a decent sytem together and leave it alone or at least make new ones more compatible. :angry:
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

Well, XP is 10 years old and since SP3 a very good and stable system. Most of the XP stuff works, even the gearbox, it's just the volume thing. Line 6 hasn't released true 64bit Win7 drivers yet. :icon_whoknows:

I asked line6, let's wait. http://line6.com/community/thread/53863