A bit of news..

Everything that doesn't fit elsewhere
StratLover2

A bit of news..

Post by StratLover2 »

Hi all!

As you may or may not know, I play in my church band, besides jamming with my pastor on Friday's. My pastor by the way, is a terrific blues guitarist, and he started me after I learned my basic notes and chords on blues progressions. Anyway, he's gone off to Mexico on a cruise, so I get to lead the church band on Sunday, which I've done once before.

So for the second time in my life, I'm a band leader! I just thought I'd share this. The band by the way, doesn't have a drummer yet, it consists of my pastor, me, and my friend Nick, who plays guitar also.

StratLover2
Blindboy

Re: A bit of news..

Post by Blindboy »

Right on! :thumbsup:
Have fun.
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

A drummer in a chuch, a pastor playing Blues - that's something you won't find here. I wish they were more relaxed here.

Good luck!
StratLover2

Post by StratLover2 »

Thanks Blindboy and Gerd!

I will have a lot of fun! Luckily, somebody in the congregation is going to handle the leading the singing, so I just have to concentrate on playing! I've run through the songs a couple of times, so I'm quite ready for it!

StratLover2
tradrrr

Post by tradrrr »

Congrats! Sounds like a cool church.
Let me tell you what the blues is....
Golfxzq

Post by Golfxzq »

:thumbsup: Good for you SL2.. that's a great life experience to get up in front of a crowd and play. This will surely help your confidence.
"Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right."
- Henry Ford
StratLover2

Post by StratLover2 »

Thanks Golfxzq!

It went very well! I think I did a really good job keeping the rhythm in sync with the singing. I would suppose there are some people who would agree that is a tough job, especially if somebody else is singing other than who you are used too!

It has helped my confidence greatly! Thanks for your kind words everybody!

StratLover2