Red Deer Blues

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
VikingBlues

Red Deer Blues

Post by VikingBlues »

Red Deer

---or---?

Oh Dear :roll:

---or---?

Dear me, Vikings gone off his head! :yikes:

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=9752096

download/file.php?id=468
Attachments

Red Deer Blues
Red Deer FX.mp3 - (5.28 MiB)

Last edited by VikingBlues on Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Re: Red Deer Blues

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Awesome VB, You got me back in the "Old man" mood in a couple of seconds. The atmosphere you create is VB-isch
Very well done.

I didn't know you had so much spare reverb :aha: Guess I can take a little bit more from it for my own use :haha:

:pray:
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
ElMano

Post by ElMano »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :pray: :pray: :amp: :music1: :pray: :thumbsup: Weldone my Friend Awsome sound and i wish i could sing like that. :drool:
You can't bend the rule, Every man is some womans fool
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

:yikes: That's like Peter Green discovered the strat and plays with Pink Floyd... :pray:
Strummer07

Post by Strummer07 »

Good Track VB.................very atmospheric !!

I just don't know where you find the time to Work , build a guitar , practise and lay down something at good as this !!

Roger W may be calling you up at any time.

:thumbsup:
"Death is just a heartbeat away"
lyric from "Out in The Fields"
Gary Moore 1952-2011
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

HalfBlindLefty wrote:You got me back in the "Old man" mood in a couple of seconds. ..........
I didn't know you had so much spare reverb :aha: Guess I can take a little bit more from it for my own use :haha:
I thought you'd "get the "Old Man" connection. I'm afraid it's my "proggy" side escaping out of its cage. :shy: Mis-spent teenage years listening to Pink Floyd, Van der Graaf Generator, Premiata Forneria Marconi, etc..... at least it's structure is in a blues format. I also thought it was time I ought to do a special HBL Reverb Tribute piece! :lol:
ElMano wrote:Weldone my Friend Awsome sound and i wish i could sing like that.
Thanks ElMano, but your secret is out - we now know that you can and even better! :big_smile:
12bar wrote:That's like Peter Green discovered the strat and plays with Pink Floyd...
Yup .... my influences are all in a big complicated jumble. :alright: I see you spotted the strat in the mix. I wasn't so confident with this style of playing with her - not tried it before - but came out not too bad.
Strummer07 wrote:Good Track VB.................very atmospheric !!

I just don't know where you find the time to Work , build a guitar , practise and lay down something at good as this !!
Thanks Strummer - I was hoping the atmospheric thing would cover up the vocal creakiness in places. It's about 7 weeks since my last go at singing, so I thought give it a go. The lyrics are Sandra's by the way - but they were written in a poem style and I found fitting them to the rhythm tricky (you may have noticed) - I don't know how Peter Hammil made these sort of lyrics sound so easy to do with Van der Graaf.

I cheat a bit Strummer btw - I use doing recording as practice! That leaves a bit more time. I started singing this the evening before - so I got the vocal done before work and the guitar after tea. An hours editing and that was it - so not too much time. It took my mind of work too - which is reward in itself. :banana:
bluesinbflat

Post by bluesinbflat »

Like that minor feel VB; You're getting better with each new post, keep at it!
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

bluesinbflat wrote:Like that minor feel VB; You're getting better with each new post, keep at it!
Thanks bflat. I find a real affinity with minor key playing - I can just find the note so much easier. :guitarist:

I think it was what drew me to listening to the Floyd when I was a teen as well. I just love the minor sound. :D
vancouverois

Post by vancouverois »

Excellent ! :thumbsup:
Your vocals sound quite good and the Strat tone fits perfectly this prog rock ambience/atmosphere.
Jan 15th 2007
Blindboy

Post by Blindboy »

:clap: :clap: :thumbsup:
This is VERY cool!
I didn't listen to much prog rock (I was still stuck on Jimi Hendrix :nuts: ), but I was aware of it. Never heard of the bands you mentioned, aside from Floyd. A lot of good stuff was hard to come across in my neck of the woods, until the internet happened. I think I will look them up. :big_smile:
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

vancouverois wrote:Excellent ! :thumbsup:
Your vocals sound quite good and the Strat tone fits perfectly this prog rock ambience/atmosphere.
Thanks V - I'm always horribly nervous posting a recording with vocals - I suppose we mostly hate our voices when we we hearthem for real. I liked what the Strat produced with me on this one - good tones for such cheap pups.
Blindboy wrote::clap: :clap: :thumbsup:
This is VERY cool!
I didn't listen to much prog rock (I was still stuck on Jimi Hendrix :nuts: ), but I was aware of it. Never heard of the bands you mentioned, aside from Floyd. A lot of good stuff was hard to come across in my neck of the woods, until the internet happened. I think I will look them up. :big_smile:
Thanks Blindboy. Not really blues, except in the chord format and the scales used. But this sort of stuff is embedded deep in my psyche. :alright:

Treat Van der Graaf Generator with caution - an acquired taste and only fits a small range of moods the listener might be in - the odd thing about them, given my obsession with guitar is the almost complete absence of guitar in their work. Peter Hammills words were always very interesting and thought provoking (sometimes the thought was "what the heck is this about!) but the vocal delivery was often uncomfortably painful to the ears. But they had "atmosphere". So a mixture of :wall: and :big_smile: and everything in between. I still have quite a lot of vinyl LPs of their work, but I haven't bought CD replacements - I suppose that shows my mix of feelings about them.