Hi Folks!

Guest book, site news and suggestions, introductions
Dingo

Hi Folks!

Post by Dingo »

Hi folks,
I’m from Portugal, and I’m a self-taught blues/rock guitar player. :guitarist:
I’m 39 :oldie: , and I like some deep blues from Mississippi, and some blues-rockers from England!
I’ve just build a simple electric plank guitar, with supermarket's Scandinavian pine. Something between a Harmony H-44 and a Telecaster, with a tele bridge stack and a p-90 neck, sounds just awesome. :haha:

...one thing that I know is:
“I’ll never get out of these blues alive!”

See ya 12bar folks! :beer:
Admin

Re: Hi Folks!

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

Hey, hello. Welcome here :welcome:

How about some pics of your homebrew guitar :)
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

:welcome: to the forum Dingo.

That "electric guitar plank" sounds intriguing and I'm glad you got a good sound from a self-build (not as easy as it seems). :thumbsup: Any chance we'll get to see it, or hear it?

I'm not surprised pine sounds good - I got a really nice sound on a bass I built that was a pine body - unfortunately the quality of my build was not good enough for playing action and intonation - it was an early attempt. :wall:

I see the original tele (broadcaster) experiments were pine, but I've heard there were concerns about it being easierto ding and was trickier for paintwork - but there seems no mention of them not being made due to any sound issues.

Enjoy the forum. :big_smile:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
Dingo

Post by Dingo »

Hi guys,
thanks for your great welcome!
Tomorrow I'll post some pics of my TeleTone.
Beware, I'm not a pro, I just wanted something different from everybody else, something like the strange guitars of John Mayall! Can you dig it?
Tomorrow I'll be back!
Anyway, can somebody please tell me why I can't edit my avatar?
See ya!
Golfxzq

Post by Golfxzq »

:welcome: Dingo... you're gonna' love it here.... great site for learning, listening, discussing, and anything else about guitars and especially the blues. Anxious to see your home-brew.
"Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right."
- Henry Ford
Blindboy

Post by Blindboy »

:welcome: from New Mexico. Making your own guitars is fun. There are a few on here who have built or modified thier own guitars. :thumbsup:
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"
Dingo

Post by Dingo »

Thanks again folks for your great welcome!
Sorry, but I'm a little too slow about this net things...
I'm trying to know how to post some pics!!! not easy......
any sugestion, will be welcome!
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

Dingo wrote:Thanks again folks for your great welcome!
Sorry, but I'm a little too slow about this net things...
I'm trying to know how to post some pics!!! not easy......
any sugestion, will be welcome!
If you click on the upload attachment tab just below the box in which you write your post you can browse for your picture, add a file comment under that for a description and click the Add the file button.

You might want to resize to reasonably small size first or they tend to end up with scroll bars and you can't see the whole picture at once. :wall:

Hmmmph ... at least I think that's what I did the last time I posted pics? :icon_whoknows:
nxsneil

Post by nxsneil »

:welcome: Dingo, I'm sure you'll enjoy it here. BTW, we have planty of Dingo's down under but have I never seen one from Portugal....... :big_smile:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Someday I aint gonna worry my life anymore....
Golfxzq

Post by Golfxzq »

Dingo... VB makes a good point about resizing your pictures before uploading. I see this all the time, especially with email. Most jpg files are large and take up more than the screen size and they also eat up bandwidth when you are sending pictures by email. Here is a simple, free program you can use to re-size your pictures before posting them on this site or before emailing them to friends. After downloading and installing the program you just find the picture you are working with using explorer and right click on the image. A menu pops up and one of the selections is "re-size pictures". Click this and another box opens asking which size you want. Always select "small" (usually the default). It creates a copy of your image with the added description "(small)". Then upload this "small" image to the site or to your email, not the original image. There are three great things about using this program... it's free, it makes a copy so it doesn't disturb your original image, and it's easy.

The program is called Image Resizer Powertoy. Here is a link if you are interested in giving it a try...

http://imageresizer.codeplex.com/

Good luck... looking forward to seeing those guitar pictures. :thumbsup:
- Henry Ford
Dingo

Post by Dingo »

Thanks again for the :welcome:
I'll try your advices and post something... :big_smile:
the neck is not made by me, only the body... :peace: I like small body guitars! :thumbsup:
Hope you like! :whistle:
Attachments
teletone 04
teletone 04
DSCF0273.jpg (129.65 KiB) Viewed 14188 times
teletone 03
teletone 03
DSCF0262.jpg (206.7 KiB) Viewed 14188 times
teletone 02
teletone 02
DSCF0261.jpg (289.93 KiB) Viewed 14188 times
teletone 01
teletone 01
DSCF0260.jpg (155.96 KiB) Viewed 14188 times
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

Nice build Dingo - looks like a very snug neck / body join. I like the scratchplate design - suits the guitar well. :clap: :thumbsup:

I would be most interested to hear its sound.

I like a natural wood finish or if coloured for at least some grain to show through, so I do like the look of your guitar - gives off something of the same type of visual vibe as the Alam Black Libra natural ash finish (shown when clicking the available finish button on the link).
http://www.adamblackguitarcompany.co.uk ... brauk.html
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

Late as always, but: :welcome:

Nice axe you've build there! :thumbsup:
Golfxzq

Post by Golfxzq »

:thumbsup: Dingo... great job on that build-up. It looks like a really professional job. Also, great job on the pictures, looks like you got that figured out.

In addition to hearing the sound I would also like for you to post a little info. about what problems you encountered when building it. Like, what part was most difficult, what part was easy to do, etc? How did you apply the finish and what kind did you use? What about mounting the neck, anything specific here? Glued, bolted, dowel, alignment?

Ya' mind? I've got a little self interest here, I'm sort of into refurbishing a LP copy myself and would like all the help I can get from someone who has been through it all..... Thanks
- Henry Ford
Dingo

Post by Dingo »

Hi folks,
One more time thanks for the :welcome:
Thanks too for your great comments about my TeleTone axe! :big_smile:
This week I’m in a rush, no time, but I hope to post something about the TeleTone (technical specifications) this weekend, in the proper page forum, I mean, in a page of 12bar forum that talks about this kind of things…
Till there I’ll be running against time! :cry:
See ya soon folks!

Post by bluesblooded »

Great job Dingo! Really nice guitar. I love the natural finish.

Just a quick question, it looks like your neck pocket is longer than on a usual strat. I'm use to bodies ending around the 17th fret. Yours go up to the 15th fret. Is it harder to play down the neck?

I will be happy to read your post about the technical aspect of your guitar.