Lefty's Songs (Finally)

Talking Blues, news, cool links
LeftyBlues

Lefty's Songs (Finally)

Post by LeftyBlues »

Finally decided to record some stuff and ACTUALLY post it haha. :banana:

I'm not certain about copyrights so I made a soundclick. Theres 2 songs, Hide Away (Sort of a test) and Red House. Keep in mind that these were both one take songs and i'm still learning how to mix everything in audacity.

I'd love to know what you guys think.

Thanks

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default ... ID=1102892
bluesinbflat

Re: Lefty's Songs (Finally)

Post by bluesinbflat »

I enjoyed Hideaway, maybe a bit rushed on that first break and it started to go off time with you playing faster than the beat, but overall you played that tune fairly well.

I didn't listen to Red House, heard enough all guitar instrumental covers on that one to last me a lifetime. One suggestion I want to make is to reduce the overdrive, it was a tad bit too much.
LeftyBlues

Re: Lefty's Songs (Finally)

Post by LeftyBlues »

bluesinbflat wrote:I enjoyed Hideaway, maybe a bit rushed on that first break and it started to be off time, but overall you played that tune fairly well.

I didn't listen to Red House, heard enough all guitar instrumental covers to last me a lifetime. One suggestion I want to make is to reduce the overdrive, it was a tad bit too much.
Thanks. The Hideaway was a tad bit rushed on my part, probably also bad timing with the backing track.

I think the overdrive wasn't too much to begin with because through my headphones and computer speakers it didnt seem that extreme but once you mentioned it hmmm..... I've been having trouble with my recording gear and I can't get that "real" guitar sound if you know what I mean. It always comes out with this fuzzy ending. Any suggestions?