12bar
Site Admin

Re: Eric Clapton New Album 2010!

Post by 12bar »

Interesting - thanks! :thumbsup:
tradrrr

Post by tradrrr »

Great interview. Thanks for posting. Only a month away!!
Let me tell you what the blues is....
ElMano

Post by ElMano »

Hay Drokadam,

Maybe this is what you are looking for?

http://farm.sproutbuilder.com/load/LAAM ... 1282346112
You can't bend the rule, Every man is some womans fool
drockadam

Post by drockadam »

I've seen the prewiew player. "Hard Time Blues" is my favourite so far from the album. :peace:
Keep The Blues Alive,

- Adam De Rocco
tombstone

Post by tombstone »

http://www.whereseric.com/eric-clapton- ... resericcom

Where's Eric has a preview up of four full-length tracks, two we already have (Diamonds and Run) as well as Autumn Leaves and Travelin' Alone. Leaves is almost certainly going to be a highlight for me, he plays a beautifully understated solo on it, definitely taking some cues from Mark Knopfler. Travelin' is good, but it lacks the drive of Run Back to Your Side.

Also, I just noticed that my post count was reset when I dropped the blues from my screen name. Huh.
I used to be tombstoneblues.
LzyBlue

Post by LzyBlue »

At the risk of banishment from this site....

I can't say I was impressed with the 4 demo songs. Nothing I heard makes me want to go out and buy the CD....expecially pay the $39 for the deluxe edition.

Post by tradrrr »

Boo, hiss, banish!!

Kidding. To each their own. I've been going through Cream stuff tonight and there are songs on there that I really love, but there's some songs on there that I just don't get. You're not going to like everything Eric does.
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

LzyBlue wrote:At the risk of banishment from this site....

I can't say I was impressed with the 4 demo songs. Nothing I heard makes me want to go out and buy the CD....expecially pay the $39 for the deluxe edition.
Nah.... not banished :) just a max fixed post length of 1.... yes ONE character per post :away: :haha:
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
LzyBlue

Post by LzyBlue »

G
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

LzyBlue wrote:G
:rofl:
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

:rofl:

It's a well known fact that there are certain EC songs I really dislike - so who will ban me from here? :away:
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

12bar wrote::rofl:

It's a well known fact that there are certain EC songs I really dislike - so who will ban me from here? :away:
:aha: mhh... I wonder if it would be less ful here tonight, when I gave it a shot :away:
tradrrr

Post by tradrrr »

Down to 1 day left here in the States! I saw in an ad this week that there's going to be a deluxe version available, too. I'll have to figure out what you get with the deluxe version.

Most probably already know about this, but just in case, so i can contribute a little to the site, here's a link to stream the cd continuously:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/thelife/ ... id=5597179

Not sure why its espn, but whatever works.
Last edited by tradrrr on Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

tradrrr wrote:Down to 1 day left here in the States! I saw in an ad this week that there's going to be a deluxe version available, too. I'll have to figure out what you get with the deluxe version.
http://www.ericclapton.com/claptondtc/

Cant wait.... I pre-ordered
Strummer07

Post by Strummer07 »

My copy should arrive tomorrow !!

Looking forward to it .......will be good to hear the whole thing , not just seperated bits and bobs.
from what I've heard , I am expecting good things .........there's a couple of tracks I think are going to pass me by, but as long as the album, as a whole, offers some good stuff ..........It'll be worth the wait
"Death is just a heartbeat away"
lyric from "Out in The Fields"
Gary Moore 1952-2011
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

Strummer07 wrote:My copy should arrive tomorrow !!

Looking forward to it .......will be good to hear the whole thing , not just seperated bits and bobs.
from what I've heard , I am expecting good things .........there's a couple of tracks I think are going to pass me by, but as long as the album, as a whole, offers some good stuff ..........It'll be worth the wait
Hope the postal service is on the ball. Look forward to hearing your views. :D
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

I heard the full songs already.
There are a few I do not like to much.
Eric's guitar playing is not up front of the song and sound a little darker then what I'm used to.
Still a awesome album.

Nope, don't ask, I won't tell

VB, check your mail please :)
StratLover2

Post by StratLover2 »

I got a bit of bad news for everybody who pre-ordered the album. I pre-ordered the deluxe version of Clapton a few weeks ago, and got the email last week it shipped. "Yay!" I thought at the time, however I just got the email today that said: Thank you for pre-ordering the CLAPTON Deluxe Limited Edition Bundle! We have experienced a slight manufacturing delay, and will be shipping out bundles starting on Monday, September 27th. U.S. residents, this means your package may arrive 1-5 business days after release date (September 28th). International shipments may be held by your local Customs Authority for an additional 10 to 14 days depending upon the customs laws in your country - therefore it is best to allow 3-4 weeks for delivery.

We apologize for this inconvenience and encourage you to enjoy this complimentary download of the new album CLAPTON.

The only good news is that they gave us a free download of the album so we can still have it before it's official date!

StratLover2
LeftyBlues

Post by LeftyBlues »

HalfBlindLefty wrote:I heard the full songs already.
There are a few I do not like to much.
Eric's guitar playing is not up front of the song and sound a little darker then what I'm used to.
Still a awesome album.

Nope, don't ask, I won't tell

VB, check your mail please :)
I agree, the album does seem pretty dark for a clapton album. I do enjoy the vast amount of piano and horns on the album. There seems to be alot of jazz influence (Fats Waller) and some Little Walter (Can't Hold Out Much Longer/Harmonica). It seems to draw a 40's and 50's feel, which is a great contrast compared to his recent stuff like Back Home and Escondito. Overall, I like it and it sounds great, despite no screaming guitar. haha :lefty:
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

I got the same email... :wall: :angry:
The mail got caught in gmail's junk folder. Seems legit.
I'ts not where I got my copy, but I'll be checking the files and compare them (just curious).