Not Blues .... or Jaxx, or Rock ... but

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
VikingBlues

Not Blues .... or Jaxx, or Rock ... but

Post by VikingBlues »

but never mind. Just popping in to say I'm still here and to say seasonal greetings to anyone dropping by. :xmas_1:

I'll just drop off an acoustic piece. 'Noodle-Doodle Dance'.
A sort of stately dance - semi-improvised in DADGAD tuning. With a Scots leaning in the note choices and timing of hammer ons / pull offs.
A Tanglewood TW45 acoustic just recorded on a Zoom H4n recorder and no EQ tweaking / fx.
Mabe a bit repetitive in the early stages - can I claim I'm establishing the motif??? :big_smile:
:music1: Sloppy right hand technique didn't help - I got my right hand crushed in a loop of a very large dogs lead when it tried to run off unexpectedly - did not help the arthritic joints one little bit! :angry:

Also in view of the season and the cold, here's a little excursion into MIDI and a wintry piece called 'Colder'. Influenced by the TV Fargo maybe.

Colder.mp3 - (2.55 MiB)

Happy Holidays :xmas_1:

I promise I'll try and get something more bluesy here early 2022!
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
12bar
Site Admin

Re: Not Blues .... or Jaxx, or Rock ... but

Post by 12bar »

Both songs fit perfectly to Christmas, to the winter and the overall situation. Could be a snowy day somewhere in the Highlands...
Here we have rain all day, as usual. And the damned Covid. Let's hope for better days.

Seasons Greetings!
XT2G8663.jpg
XT2G8663.jpg (6.29 MiB) Viewed 5383 times
fenson

Post by fenson »

Merry Christmas y'all!
:thumbsup: , agree with gerd both songs fits Christmas well!
"Don't be afraid by wrong notes, it doesn't exist" Miles Davis.
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

Cheers guys - thanks for that! :D

Hope you're having a good New Year!

Still waiting for the hand to heal up properly .... possible it won't of course, it's the way of arthritis.
Not stopped me playing but I'm sorely lacking inspiration.
I pine for those days when technique started to come together and a few "Ah-Hah" moments meant a journey of exploration could be made into all sorts of styles, tunings and genres. Rather than rehashing what's already been. :icon_whoknows:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!