Standard tuning slide...

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
Blindboy

Standard tuning slide...

Post by Blindboy »

OK, here's another one. Monday night we had a feller named Jeff sit in. We had no idea what he was going to play, but he said it was in G, so I thought I would sling some slide on it. (I can just barely play slide in standard tuning, and only in G. :roll: ) At the beginning, you can see me trying to watch Jeff and see what the heck he's playing. I don't know what this song is. It seems to have some lyrics from Reverend Gary Davis' Hesitation Blues but sounds kind of like a Stones tune. (That may be our fault. :big_smile: ) I think we ended it before he expected. :shy: Oh, well...
https://youtu.be/05cxVkU0wxE
I think we might add the Stones tune this sounds like, with me doing slide on it, just for the hell of it. Our drummer said he would sing it.
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"
12bar
Site Admin

Re: Standard tuning slide...

Post by 12bar »

Blindboy wrote:I don't know what this song is.
:lol: That's the advantage of Blues! :thumbsup: You can start as soon as you got the key...

G in standard tuning is working fine, at least with 3 strings. :big_smile:
Great how you mix slide and fretted playing! Definitely a song for your band! :clap:
Blindboy

Post by Blindboy »

Thanks, 12bar.
12bar wrote:Great how you mix slide and fretted playing
Actually, the only fretted notes I'm doing are when I play the G chord. I fret the low E with my thumb and the high E with my forefinger. All the rest is slide.
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

Really? It looked to me as if some notes of the solo were fret notes... anyway, sounds great!
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

Great improv work - it sounds way much better than take 1 of a piece you don;t know should sound! :clap:

It does have a Stones feel to it. Tunes like "All Over Now".

The fact that is in G maybe adds to that Stones feel, Keith Richards tuning tuning - albeit with 5 strings.
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!