Minor blues by Valentin Danev

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
Valentindanev94

Minor blues by Valentin Danev

Post by Valentindanev94 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akQ4fWMHEZ4 This is my improvisation on this minor blues backing track,comments and critics are welcome,i hope you like it !
12bar
Site Admin

Re: Minor blues by Valentin Danev

Post by 12bar »

:welcome: to the forum. It would be nice to talk a bit and introduce yourself rather than just posting a YT link. :wink:
Valentindanev94

Thank you,sorry, I'm Valentin,born in 24 July 1994 year in Stara Zagora,Bulgaria,i play guitar since March 2009,i study in Academy of Music, Dance and Fine Arts - Plovdiv,pop and jazz guitar since 2013.The most i love to play blues the most,also i like various kinds of rock and metal (but not harder than trash) In past years i played in rock/metal/pop and jazz bands/combos,for now i got no band,but in some months i liked to start a project for Joe Bonamassa tribute and play it in different city's in Bulgaria . :) If you have any other questions i will like to answer and sorry for the mediocre english :D
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

Thanks - your English is just fine! :D
You prefer fingerstyle (like some of us)?
Valentindanev94

I can't decide which i prefer the most,but i love the sound when you play with fingers,it's very smooth,warm and soft . I love hybrid picking and adding some country sounding licks,i also love to add some jazz phrazing and sounding things in my blues solos ,this is the only one in which i play that much time with only fingers,i was curious and i wanted to do it and see what people thing :) In conclusion i would say that i like to mix various styles of playing and various genres too,in reasonablе borders of course . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUYO5Mp3bgo you can check this,this is maybe the most "main" playing the blues. Do you have your videos somewhere in internet ? If you don't mind i will like to hear your playing :)
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

I just discovered your "Bulgaria got talent" video - what did the judges say? :dance:
Technically you have it all, much better than I'll ever be, I can't give you any advice there. What you may need to be separated from the other young guitar slingers is something more personal, that's why i like your first video (with fingers) much more - you're on a good way. :bb:
Valentindanev94

They all liked my performance,the girl was said that i got nice tone,good phrase,that is what i remember,The Actor ( Asen Blatechki) said that it was awesome,Luben Dilov ( the older man ) said that he want to hear something main if i go to the next part of the show and that three people said "YES" only Ico Hazarta ( bulgarian hip hop singer) said that i don't deserve 4 yes-es and he said "No" but he also liked the performance and i went to the next part of the show but it was only dropping out and if you go after that you go to the semi final,but i was dropped out .. and i was only broadcast on the internet page,on the TV my performance was not broadcast ..

Thank you for the kind words ,what it means " slingers" i understand generally what you mean .
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

:welcome: to the forum Valentin. :D

Sorry - a bit late coming to this - I've been having computer problems. :motz:

What a great piece of playing in the Minor blues video. Very expressive and very moody as well as skilled. I prefer music played with feeling to music just played with technical skill, but when both can be brought to the music like you do that's the best option of all. :clap:

Very fine playing on the Bulgaria got Talent video too. :thumbsup:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
Valentindanev94

Thank you very much ! I think like you,the feeling in music is the most importantly,a guy that for me perfectly brought the two together is Guthrie Govan,such a skilled player,one of my idols .. Also Ritchie Blackmore,Gary Moore,David Gilmour .. and many more,but these are my favorites. And Nuno Bettencord.