Vov Gadl GG

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
VikingBlues

Vov Gadl GG

Post by VikingBlues »

Please excuse another little recording linked here that has no blues, and is so laid back it's almost asleep. :shy:

A little composition in (unusually for me) standard tuning but given a twist with a Spider Capo. The capo has notes fretted at fret 5 on strings 1 3 4 and 6, with 2 and 5 open. Which makes for a strange Am variation if all strings are played with no fingers on the fretboard.

Played on a (yet another) new acoustic guitar. A Vintage VE2000GG Gordon Giltrap Signature. :drool:
Which I've been enjoying for the last 3 weeks. More about the guitar to come in the gear section.

:music1: http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=13383149

A good few fluffs and errors but what the hell! Life's to short to seek perfection.
I seem to be developing a particularly laid back and low tempo style of my own. I can't see it taking off! :roll:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
MichaelRobinson

Re: Vov Gadl GG

Post by MichaelRobinson »

Very nice played.
Blindboy

Post by Blindboy »

That sounds very nice. Good balance between bass and treble. Nice piece of music, too. :thumbsup:
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

Cheers! :D

Now a month with the new guitar and it's still the "goto" one.

I'm quite enjoying trying to write my own bits of music and have managed about one piece a week since mid December. As well as it being a bit creative (which I enjoy) there is also a plus in that I can tailor it to avoid stretches too big for my small hands and to avoid the use of the pinkie on the fretting hand. :cool:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!