Workin' up a new one...

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
Blindboy

Workin' up a new one...

Post by Blindboy »

This one is difficult. Watching the video, I can see numerous places where I flub a fill, or miss a chord. I'm not trying to play note for note, just trying to make it sound good. At one point (about 5:45, or so) I can see where I just got plain lost. :icon_whoknows: But... this ain't bad for a work in progress. I can see what I need to work on from this vid, which helps. One thing I will submit to the band is to cut down on the number of guitar solos. :lol:
https://youtu.be/6TSpXru5Z4Q
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"
MichaelRobinson

Re: Workin' up a new one...

Post by MichaelRobinson »

Well.........You do youre best and It's good, nobody can blame you for that.............. :dance:
Last edited by MichaelRobinson on Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

Damn good for a work in progress to my ears! :clap:

Quite right for you not to play it note for note - it should be your interpretation of the piece and for it to feel comfortable under your fingers and in your head it should be different. Now you've drawn my attention to 5:45 I can hear what you mean about getting lost, but without you mentioning it I feel it would have seemed like it was a bit of ebb and flow and releasing musical tension. You also always stay in the rhythm and swing and f you do that you can get away with a lot of mistakes!

Lovely guitar tone by the way! :cool:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
Blindboy

Post by Blindboy »

Thanks, Michael, VB. Appreciate the kind words.
VikingBlues wrote:Quite right for you not to play it note for note - it should be your interpretation of the piece and for it to feel comfortable under your fingers and in your head it should be different.
True, I feel this strongly, and not just because I can't play it note for note. :lol:
VikingBlues wrote:Lovely guitar tone by the way!
Thank you. I am very pleased with my guitar and amp. I do want to put it into a, slightly larger, tweed cab that I have, but I must modify the cab first and I haven't had the time.
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"