Finest Ever Years

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
VikingBlues

Finest Ever Years

Post by VikingBlues »

My songs are a bit like buses. Noisy and smelly. :big_smile: .... No, sorry - I mean there's none for a long time and then a bunch of them turn up one after another.

Here's another attempt at a song then. Acoustic guitar (Tanglewood Java) on rhythm, and adjusted an octave down by software for the bass, plus the La Mancha Ruby short scale classical for twiddles and lead. The La Mancha part is me mistakenly thinking I can do a Declan Sinnott. :shy:

Words were hard to come by until I used some rhyme software again (this time it was "Rhyme Genie"). It really does trigger ideas for lines, and thoughts - not just rhymes.

:music1: http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=13339262

Hope you find it worth a listen. I'm pretending that the music starting a bit uncertain and ending solid is just following the story arc. Yeah - I wish!!
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
Blindboy

Re: Finest Ever Years

Post by Blindboy »

Sweet! :thumbsup:
You're really taking off on the songwriting thing. Seems to be a good direction for you.
I quite enjoyed the nylon string solo... A nice sound, and well played. :clap:
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

VikingBlues wrote:Hope you find it worth a listen.
Oh, yes! Thanks for adding the lyrics for us who don't speak it as a native language. :clap:
MichaelRobinson

Post by MichaelRobinson »

I agree with 12bar and say; Well done............. :clap: :clap:
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

Thanks Guys! :D

I'm quite enjoying the journey down this songwriting mode and trying not to be too put off by how far I have to go to get to quality levels I'd be happier about. "Enjoy the journey" as Hawkeye Herman says, and don't focus on the destination - good advice, but not always easy to do.

It is more difficult to post songs like this online compared to recording just guitar. My voice feels much more of a personal thing than what I play on a guitar, and I'm by nature reticent, so I find putting my feelings out into public a bit difficult.
Blindboy wrote:Sweet! :thumbsup:
I quite enjoyed the nylon string solo... A nice sound, and well played. :clap:
Thanks BB - I find it often makes a nice contrast to the steel string sound of the rhythm guitar part.

I played classical guitar a long time ago. But can no longer manage a full size one - the wider, deeper neck and the full scale length mean way to much stretching for my small hands and twinging finger joints. I got a La Mancha Rubi CM53 in July last year - Cedar top, mahogany B&S. Shorter scale (530mm / 21") and the neck is shallower through pretty well full width. Special Saverez strings for the smaller scale. It's so much easier to play, has a big voice for it's size and as you heard on the recording doesn't sound too shabby. Very well made despite its lower price.

This is the La Mancha on the left and my now sold full size classical on the right. Quite a size difference!

The La Mancha in close up. Simple looks, but clean lines. It does me just fine! :clap:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!