Hello Chicago.....Open Collab Invitation!

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
tytlblues

Hello Chicago.....Open Collab Invitation!

Post by tytlblues »

An open collab invitation.....this is Hello Chicago...AKA, Sweet Home Chicago. I posted this as an open collab. I start it off, and you play the second solo, I play the third solo, then you take it out to the end. Simply download the track record your part, and post it up!! Would love to hear some great version of this...
Cheers!!

:music2: :music2: :bb: :bb: :bb: guitar_fire:: guitar_fire::

Edit: File is now a MP3
https://app.box.com/s/j8yasyc7nta8p26i1l5c6k66j02gqw2y
Last edited by tytlblues on Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tytlblues

"Notes are expensive... spend them wisely”
BB King
VikingBlues

Re: Hello Chicago.....Open Collab Invitation!

Post by VikingBlues »

Thanks for posting this up. :thumbsup:

I'll definitely have a go but it'll be the weekend before I get a chance.

A challenging tempo for my old fingers - but we'll see if they survive the attempt! :big_smile:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
MichaelRobinson

Post by MichaelRobinson »

Okay, Tom.
The song goes a little too fast, I think, for my fingers. I surreptitiously downloading and playing for myself so I can see what happens. Not any promises included.
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

Well, you've set the bar quite high, I can't reach... very fast indeed. :phew:
I'll try anyway, but not before next week.
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

12bar wrote:Well, you've set the bar quite high, I can't reach... very fast indeed. :phew:
I'll try anyway, but not before next week.
I think any attempt I make at a contribution will have to rely on my slower playing as a contrast to Toms playing and to the BT! :big_smile:
tytlblues

Post by tytlblues »

Thanks guys, I changed the link to a MP3 file....I know MR requested that...and if you did not see...I posted a slow minor blues open collab this morning!!
Cheers
Tytlblues

BB King
MichaelRobinson

tytl.
I tried this BT but my timing and speed are not working. I'm too slow and out of synch all the time. sorry
tytlblues

Post by tytlblues »

No problem MR......I hope you have a go at the slow blues collab I posted!!! I think you would have fun with that one!! :clap: :clap:
Tytlblues

BB King
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

Well ..... :yikes:

This is ..... ermmmmm .... interesting.

What we have here is Tom channelling all sorts of authentic blues, SRV & Co. Then we have Mark in his VB alter ego hitting the hell out of his guitar, making a lot of noise, and making it up as he goes along ..... slightly lacking anything much in the way of any authentic style. :whistle: My apologies!

But it'll nae get any better. This is WAY out of my normal territory. To get this noise I've gone for both pickups on my Vintage Lemon Drop, plugged into the Blackstar Fly - a big beast of a 3 watt mini amp!

Link to a wav file on Box.com - quite why you'd want to hear my attempt at this collab in a higher sound quality I don't know! :roll:
:music2: https://app.box.com/s/tp0cupj8jz2r32zh4rdlruluto3wr0gh

Then I've just done a direct mp3 upload below:-
:music2:
Anyway - I'm off to unwind now with some Acoustic DADGAD improv playing. :big_smile:
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

Can't help but I like this "noise"! No need for gymnastics and pyrotechnics, just the right tone at the right place. :clap:
And your gear sounds as if it's made for this - a little bit of Rockabilly in it! :banana:
tytlblues

Post by tytlblues »

yeah...no need for blazing speed...when style can make up for it!! Great sound VB, and this was a fine addition!!. Does have a bit of rockabilly sound as Gerd said!!.. HHHmmm.....you seemed to have reached up to that bar :chicken: :chicken: :chicken: Well done shuffle vibe my friend!!
Tytlblues

BB King
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

You guys can see more in my playing than I can! :icon_whoknows:

But glad you liked it for what it was. Just as well "no need for blazing speed" Tom, 'cos I'm afraid that was me at my fastest. :lol:

The Blackstar Fly 3 is not the biggest combo amp in the world - 19.3 x 14.2 x 10.9 cm and 0.65kg. But it packs a punch - don't know how Blackstar do it.

Here it is with the massive boost of an extra cab!
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

*copying reply to the correct topic

Love to join in such a fine collab, but as you may now, my fingers are tuned way slow so.....

*copying done

Awesome playing btw
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

VikingBlues wrote:Well ..... :yikes:

This is ..... ermmmmm .... interesting.

What we have here is Tom channelling all sorts of authentic blues, SRV & Co. Then we have Mark in his VB alter ego hitting the hell out of his guitar, making a lot of noise, and making it up as he goes along ..... slightly lacking anything much in the way of any authentic style. :whistle: My apologies!

But it'll nae get any better. This is WAY out of my normal territory. To get this noise I've gone for both pickups on my Vintage Lemon Drop, plugged into the Blackstar Fly - a big beast of a 3 watt mini amp!

Anyway - I'm off to unwind now with some Acoustic DADGAD improv playing. :big_smile:
You play the faster stuff way out of my league VB. well done :thumbsup: ( Nope, not thinking of a nice steak)
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
fenson

Post by fenson »

You know what?
Three days riding horses, doing farm work... My back is broken :oldie:
Spend all day in Paul's music room... :yikes: The old dark blue Squier Paul bought 5 or 6 years ago is still here pluged into a Delta Blues™ 210 Tweed by Peavey... :yikes: there's also an M-Audio Keystation 88 II 88-Key USB MIDI Keyboard...

Been working 'till now... :phew: Had to realize I've been a bit ambitious this morning... :think: I woke up with the idea of using all that gear to add few things (at least to 2nd & 4th chorus) a piano, some horns and me... Told you yet :icon_whoknows: a bit ambitious this morning...

Anyhow, I'm done with it :cool: having finally got this:

Chic'&go Collab#01.mp3 - (7.86 MiB)

Ok ok , I 've noticed .... Not That good as piano player (for example from 2.35 to 2.45) sorry, some problem with the verb too near after 1.10...
Need some more rehersal, no doubt!

Need to :snacks:, a good cigar and some :yawn: ough! It seems yet I sleeping

Later,
IF
"Don't be afraid by wrong notes, it doesn't exist" Miles Davis.
tytlblues

Post by tytlblues »

YEAH Fenton!...right on man!!!! Sounds like that ranch and horse riding got your juices flowing!!! Smooth and grooving buddy!! I really like it!! Although in your first verse...sounds like one of your tracks is not lined up quite correct...some sweet tone you got..
:chicken: :chicken: :whistle: :whistle: :big_smile: :big_smile:
Tytlblues

BB King
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

Perfect tone and playing, but it really sounds out of synch. My first thought was another tab playing the BT, but it wasn't. Maybe a slight delay in the final mixture? It deserves a new mix!! :clap:
fenson

Post by fenson »

tytlblues wrote:YEAH Fenton!...right on man!!!! Sounds like that ranch and horse riding got your juices flowing!!! Smooth and grooving buddy!! I really like it!! Although in your first verse...sounds like one of your tracks is not lined up quite correct...some sweet tone you got..
:chicken: :chicken: :whistle: :whistle: :big_smile: :big_smile:
12bar wrote:Perfect tone and playing, but it really sounds out of synch. My first thought was another tab playing the BT, but it wasn't. Maybe a slight delay in the final mixture? It deserves a new mix!!:
Told you already, been a bit ambitious yesterday... Starting from an already mixed stereo track is definitively a wrong way to satisfy such a foolish pride :shy: "Nobody's fault but mine"... Not trying to find any excuses, but Audacity is not exactly as powerfull as Ardour for mixing and mastering task... not its goal anyhow :D
Aside this, just hate working with these "ready to use backing tracks", don't even use them for practicing... :D

Well, Thank you guys for being listening this contrib, but :naughty: don't expect any redo, done with it and have some others ideas in mind to work on... :D

Stay tuned :icon_whoknows:

Have a nice day folks,
IF
"Don't be afraid by wrong notes, it doesn't exist" Miles Davis.
MichaelRobinson

I want to say something, but it's already been said and take the words from the mouth of someone and repeating them is not but impolite, so I do not.
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

OK, here's my try, only the first half. My fingers hurt a bit...
The tone is OK for me (fiddled through the recently downloaded megabytes of line 6 settings and found some nice sounds), the playing lacks practice and precision as usual - the tempo is out of my league.
I'm also again back on hard antibiotics (no luck after surgery, I've got multi-resistant bacteria) and they affect the nerves a bit.

Anyway.... :music2: