El Mano On A Hot Friday Afternoon

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
ElMano

El Mano On A Hot Friday Afternoon

Post by ElMano »

Hallo everybody,
I want to introduce my self. I am a grey, old guitar player from the Netherlands. I have got the Nicknane El Mano from my friends in the band. :chicken: Two days a go I send this take that i recorded fur use at the Bluesharpforum.nl. I send it al so to my friend Half Blind Lefty because i want to know his opinion. He give me the advise to ask your opinion to.
So here i am. Please listen and i hope i will live after all :away: :high5:

http://www.box.net/shared/a9req7td8u
You can't bend the rule, Every man is some womans fool
VikingBlues

Re: El Mano On A Hot Friday Afternoon

Post by VikingBlues »

ElMano wrote:Hallo everybody,
I want to introduce my self. I am a grey, old guitar player from the Netherlands. I have got the Nicknane El Mano from my friends in the band. :chicken: Two days a go I send this take that i recorded fur use at the Bluesharpforum.nl. I send it al so to my friend Half Blind Lefty because i want to know his opinion. He give me the advise to ask your opinion to.
So here i am. Please listen and i hope i will live after all :away: :high5:

http://www.box.net/shared/a9req7td8u
:welcome: ElMano

I'm glad HBL suggested you posted this here. Great playing - good mixture of languid notes and flurries and really caught the mood of a hot Friday afternoon. :clap: :thumbsup:

Must be something they put in the water in the Netherlands. :lol:

I look forward to hearing more please. :drool:

Hmm - grey and old and can do fast flurries of notes - I wish I knew the secret to that one. :oldie:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
ElMano

Post by ElMano »

Hay Vikingblues, Thanks for your kind reaction, to much honour. But i am glad that you like it. The blanks in this track are mend for the bluesharp player wich who i share this things, so he can fill in.
I start to browse on this interesting forum to hear en listen to you all, but i wil post some more of me.
oneeyedslide

Post by oneeyedslide »

Welcome ElMano! Very tasty sounds! I've yet to find the courage to post any of my playing. Hats off to you!!
HBL has steered you to a great site here. It really gives me the Blues (in a good way).
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

Hey El Mano :) Good to see you found your way To the friendliest Blues related site on the whole Internet :)

As I told you, I was blown away by this take.. and just like my comment said I felt you where hearing another instrument :) the Blues Harp... eh Bluesharp..... Oheeeeee BluesinBflat.. aka Jose... where areth thou my friend :)

Just sit and wait El Mano, It can take a couple of day's for all of us to come enjoy your song and comment.

/Hans
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
ElMano

Post by ElMano »

HalfBlindLefty wrote:Hey El Mano :) Good to see you found your way To the friendliest Blues related site on the whole Internet :)

As I told you, I was blown away by this take.. and just like my comment said I felt you where hearing another instrument :) the Blues Harp... eh Bluesharp..... Oheeeeee BluesinBflat.. aka Jose... where areth thou my friend :)

Just sit and wait El Mano, It can take a couple of day's for all of us to come enjoy your song and comment.

/Hans
Hay HBL how are you my friend Thanks for lead me t this forum. I am flabbergasted of all compliments. I had no idea that i had this kind of skills :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: But i want to ask you if you can help me to completed my profile with avatar en things
I am so proud that some of you like my sound. I Al way's think when i hear another man play that he is a lot better than i am :mercy: . And i never got so much feed back as now. I am very happy with it. :shy: :shy:
HoochieCoochieMan

Post by HoochieCoochieMan »

Dat is heel mooi! It'll be really nice when the harp is in there too. If you can tidy the end up that would be really neat.

What guitar is that, btw?

Goed gedaan!
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

ElMano wrote:
HalfBlindLefty wrote:Hey El Mano :) Good to see you found your way To the friendliest Blues related site on the whole Internet :)

/Hans
Hay HBL how are you my friend Thanks for lead me t this forum. I am flabbergasted of all compliments. I had no idea that i had this kind of skills :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: But i want to ask you if you can help me to completed my profile with avatar en things
I am so proud that some of you like my sound. I Al way's think when i hear another man play that he is a lot better than i am :mercy: . And i never got so much feed back as now. I am very happy with it. :shy: :shy:
I see you got your avatar fixed... familiar.... :high5:

BTW guys, El Mano and I know each other from the Dutch Bluesforum.nl and the Bluesforum meeting last year. mhh remember, when I bumped my Epi Dot and wasn't able to play afterwards :cry:
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
lp1holl

Post by lp1holl »

Very impressed man. The Blues are so cool, because anyone (except me so far) can put on a backing track and just got. I'm impressed.

I'll get it eventually, I just started playing, someday that'll be me (except the gray and old part, that could take longer)
"Nothing shuts my piehole but pie."
vancouverois

Post by vancouverois »

:welcome: El Mano
:thumbsup: Impressive and nice playing :thumbsup:
Jan 15th 2007
Strummer07

Post by Strummer07 »

Hi there El Mano ...................and welcome to the board !!

Love your tune !! Has a great opening to it and some lovely little noodles goin' on throughout.

Now you 've explained the reason for the pauses ..it makes tons of sense ..and when that harp gets dropped in ......it will be a cracking track.

Agree with Hoochie .......the tune is great .. but deserves a tidier ending.

Good on you !! :thumbsup:
"Death is just a heartbeat away"
lyric from "Out in The Fields"
Gary Moore 1952-2011
ElMano

Post by ElMano »

HoochieCoochieMan wrote:Dat is heel mooi! It'll be really nice when the harp is in there too. If you can tidy the end up that would be really neat.

What guitar is that, btw?

Goed gedaan!
I used on this track my Epiphone Genisis custom 1979 Tobaccosunburst http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epiphone_Genesis, and i played it with a boss bluesdriver, into a Dichitech 50 ampmodler ( setting: classic tweed .1 en spring reverb .1 ) and used the peaveay TKO amp with a 15"speaker. I put a mic in front of the speaker en recorder it with a Phonic Helix 12 board ( USB connected to my laptop ) Used Magix Musicmaker 2007 to put te sounds together.
I hope to create a new clip to day and i wil post it if i can live with it. But your possitive comments make me a little afraid that i cant do it twice :yikes: :pray:
MidnightSpecial

Post by MidnightSpecial »

I added some bluesharp to El Mano's Hot Friday Afternoon: http://www.box.net/shared/lusgdm9fly :harp:
(hope to hear from you guys :shy: )
grz, Midnight Special
bluesinbflat

Post by bluesinbflat »

Nice licks El Mano, and the same goes for your harmonica playing too Midnight Special, nice sounding licks and phrasing.
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

Nice harp playing MidnightSpecial :clap: - it's turned into a really good joint effort and sounds very Hot Friday afternoon.

Well judged ElMano leaving the right sort of spaces for the harp. :thumbsup:
aggiefan

!!

Post by aggiefan »

:welcome: El Mano!!! You will really like this great website!!!!! :wave:
Golfxzq

Post by Golfxzq »

:welcome: El Mano... great tune, glad you are around.... stiff competition in here but it sounds like you will have no problem holding your own.

Later
"Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right."
- Henry Ford
Blindboy

Post by Blindboy »

:clap:
This is SWEET!
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"
harpmaster

Post by harpmaster »

Hi all

Since I also played a harmonica solo on this song I'd like to give you the link to this file:

http://www.box.net/shared/bysjca3i25

Recorded on my IMac
Garagaband... Rode NT1A mic..external Saffire Pro 24 soundcard..
acoustic harmonica..no effects , only a little delay/reverb.
All the other sounds come from handtechniques and by placing the harmonica on top of a big plastic coffee mug and moving my hands to get a resonant sound.

hope you like it!!

Ben Bouman
http://www.customharmonicashop.com
http://www.harmonicainstituut.nl
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

harpmaster wrote:Hi all

Since I also played a harmonica solo on this song I'd like to give you the link to this file:

http://www.box.net/shared/bysjca3i25

Recorded on my IMac
Garagaband... Rode NT1A mic..external Saffire Pro 24 soundcard..
acoustic harmonica..no effects , only a little delay/reverb.
All the other sounds come from handtechniques and by placing the harmonica on top of a big plastic coffee mug and moving my hands to get a resonant sound.

hope you like it!!

Ben Bouman
http://www.customharmonicashop.com
http://www.harmonicainstituut.nl
Wow - the first post and we get this - soulful bluesy wailing if ever I heard it. That's a good sounding coffee mug too. :big_smile: Sweet harpmaster. :clap:

There's a lot of really good harp playing appearing here on the forum these days guys!