Collab?

Techniques, licks, tabs, chords, tutorials
12bar
Site Admin

Collab?

Post by 12bar »

On order to liven up the forum a bit, what about a new collab? The last one is a while ago, and it was always fun to do. We have some new members, most of us (except me :big_smile: ) have made good progress, so it should be an interesting thing. Any thoughts? :music2:
VikingBlues

Re: Collab?

Post by VikingBlues »

Inspiration is low for me blues wise at the moment :wall: as you know but I'd be happy to join in. :thumbsup:

If I can remember how to switch an amp on!
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
vancouverois

Post by vancouverois »

Sure I would be glad to join in!
Any idea about a BT?
Jan 15th 2007
velvetlicks

Post by velvetlicks »

removed
Last edited by velvetlicks on Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

Cool - a drummer! :beer:

My vote goes for the 1st one (no surprise), the second one is a bit too heavy for me. But I'll take what we get.
G would be great for some slide...
velvetlicks

Post by velvetlicks »

12bar wrote:Cool - a drummer! :beer:
WRONG! Do not consider me as a drummer, because I'm not!
VL.
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

Well VL - for someone who isn't a drummer, you give a very convincing display that you know you're way around the kit for a blues anyway! :clap:

I'd be fine with the 1st track and in G too. But, as you may have noticed by now I'm so rusty that anything would be a challenge. :big_smile:
ElMano

Post by ElMano »

i did not post to much this day's. But i am reading and follow everything that is posted ! I'm very busy at the moment, but i love to do this collab. As you agree i like to play the bass line on this drum tracks.
At this moment i play in two bands now. Beside my own band Chitlin Crew who is working in a private studio every Thursday night(we have a gig stop until 01-03-2015) i have been asked for an other band that just released there CD. A week afther the release party the bass player has to leave the band for private reasons and could not tour. After a couple of auditions whit several bass players they call me and ask me to help them out for that evening. That worked out well and they ask me if i was willing to play whit them on an regular basis. It 's a band that play blues and beside that some commercial '60 and '70 music like stones Ben E King etc.
In the mean time i build a Thinline Stratocaster for a friend, a couple tinbox Cigarboxguitars for an auction (cancer foundation) and as a present for my self a full aluminum lap steel 6 string a bit based on the metal Rickenbackers. And last but not least i developed and build a winding machine for pick ups designed for CBG's I have working examples of P90, Singlecoil, SC Rail, and a complete different concept that i called Flat- Buckers. (to get an idea https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hp2yiefLbpo)
I will try to find some time to posted that stuff ASAP.

But first i will setup the recording stuff again that we have used to record the band ad rehearsal, in my music chamber and play some lines for the Collab if you agree.
You can't bend the rule, Every man is some womans fool
velvetlicks

Post by velvetlicks »

removed
Last edited by velvetlicks on Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

Well, it's not our first collab and there's no need to hurry. We're almost all busy, there are days were I can't even touch my guitar. :alright:

Let's take the first one, in G, and try to get a basic theme. I think that's better than just jamming and dueling around with our standard riffs. Some bass, harp and if possible vocals could make a real Blues song. Another option would be a cover of a public domain Blues song. :dance:

OR with Xmas coming, what about a bluesy Silent night, holy night? :xmas_1:
velvetlicks

Post by velvetlicks »

12bar wrote:Let's take the first one, in G, and try to get a basic theme. I think that's better than just jamming and dueling around with our standard riffs.
removed...

VL.
Last edited by velvetlicks on Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

velvetlicks wrote:(in G indeed)
Sure? I tried, but for me it sounds more like G#, otherwise a nice one. :music2:
velvetlicks

Post by velvetlicks »

removed
Last edited by velvetlicks on Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

Where does the time go!!! :roll:

Yet more busy days and so little guitar time. I'm going to try and play around with this a bit today - see if any ideas pop up. I like the idea of some slide being incorporated. G would be a useful key for that.

But don't expect too much from me. Rusty as hell on blues - amazing the electric guitars strings aren't rusty through disuse too.
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

In order to make slide in open G easier, I've transposed it to G and made it longer. I'll try if I get a slide feeling for the first section.
Attachments

collab-rythmGuitar-proposal_G.mp3 - (12.28 MiB)

velvetlicks

Post by velvetlicks »

removed
vl.
Last edited by velvetlicks on Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

What are you trying to say? :icon_whoknows:
I simply don't understand. All I did was to change the pitch to G for those who want to play slide. I didn't change anything else. I started recording some ideas here and there, but I think I stop here. I don't want to justify myself for not instant recording and uploading. As I said already, I don't have much time and I don't like any pressure - I have enough in my real life. End of story.
velvetlicks

Post by velvetlicks »

removed
Last edited by velvetlicks on Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

Sorry folks, I'm 1 - to busy and 2 - not playing much lately, amongst other due to "1".

Still I read along :)
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
MichaelRobinson

Post by MichaelRobinson »

Hi, Guys and Gals

If I was sure I was feeling good when it's time to put cooperation in the work, I promise you right now that I can set up. Unfortunately, I feel bad and my life is mostly black with very black thoughts that takes all the energy . Every now and then I can do a few minutes of guitar playing, that's all I fixes.

I follow this tread and others in the forum even when I'm not writing anything.

I hope you take care.