Down and out (for the time being)

Everything that doesn't fit elsewhere
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Down and out (for the time being)

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

This time Gout not only affected my feet, but seems to be in about all my joints. especially my hand and elbows are hurting like hell.
To top things off, all the tendons around my wrists and elbows are joining the fun......

No guitar playing for me for at least a couple of weeks. Because of that I don't feel like music in any way. I'll be off-line for 2 to 3 weeks for starters.
Sorry. :tears:
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
MichaelRobinson

Re: Down and out (for the time being)

Post by MichaelRobinson »

You have nothing you need to feel the weight of before me and weird would be if someone in this forum would be angry or disappointed in you.
You have been through a very emotionally exhausting experiences recently and as I understand quite a long time. Several months if I understood you correctly, perhaps more than a year.
You have every right in the world to pull you aside and lick your wounds. Certainly more people understand what you are going through.
Take it easy and grief. There's nothing else you can do.

Regarding your pain, I can only say that it is so in our age that we get aches. I can also say from experience that suppressed emotions causes pain when pushing aside their feelings long. It is by no means an automatic thing to do in that way. That's what I can say. Nothing more.

I hope I'm not aggravated for you. I hope you are resting and taking care of you.
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

Gout can be very painful, one of my colleagues has it, too.I hope it's gets better soon! :fingerscrossed:
Nowadays it should be possible to medicate it and get pain free with a special diet, but I'm sure you know that.
Take care for your kidneys.
vancouverois

Post by vancouverois »

Hope you get well soon Hans!
I wish you the best healing/recovery, take care.
Jan 15th 2007
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

Best wishes from me for your getting well soon Hans - you've been getting way too much problems coming your way over recent months.
Hopefully as things average out you'll be due some good times before too long. :fingerscrossed:

Take care and let all the problems slowly heal.
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

Thank you very much guys :)
This week I am slowly and very carefully playing a bit.
No chord stuff, only licks and some leads. wow.... I'm thrown back, smoothness is not to good, fluidness is mhhh. Still, I'll get back there.

Small sample ?

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=12929938
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

I don't hear a lack of smoothness, you've lost nothing. Playing is melodic as always, tasteful phrasing, everything fits. :clap:
vancouverois

Post by vancouverois »

12bar wrote:I don't hear a lack of smoothness, you've lost nothing. Playing is melodic as always, tasteful phrasing, everything fits. :clap:
+1 and glad to hear you're doing better! :D
Jan 15th 2007
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

Tasteful melodic playing, and what is more important you feel able and well enough to play a bit. Best wishes for your continued progress. :thumbsup:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

Thanks again guys !
The urge to play syncing with the physical state to do so doesn't come around on a daily basis, but I'm improving :)
It's allways the same with me, I know how and what I wanted to play and hear every tiny thing. You guys don't, so your listening is more open to the music as it is.
Anyway I didn't feel it was bad, so that's a plus I guess :D