Question about the Blues Technique page

Techniques, licks, tabs, chords, tutorials
TheDude

Question about the Blues Technique page

Post by TheDude »

I have just discovered this site and am new to playing. I have worked through all the pages up to this one and have been surprised at my progress. It is truly great instruction.

I have studied to the end of the Blues Techniques page. At the bottom there is a video entitles "Combining the techniques above" also called 1st video test. I cannot see what is happening there. It is too fast. Does someone have a way to explain how to play this amazing licks with maybe tabs or slow motion or just detailed describing.

thank you ahead of time,
Dude
MichaelRobinson

Re: Question about the Blues Technique page

Post by MichaelRobinson »

:welcome: to the forum!

I tried to keep up. I did not get it. he or she play's to fast. If you check out the right hand fingers to play it here with fingerstyle technique. Do you play fingerstyle?

I suggest that you listen and watch the video many times. Try step by step what you learn. In the end, you've got it together. It's my way of seeing it. There are certainly more ways that others have and better ways.
I suggest you wait and see what happens. It is a little slow in the forum nowadays. It has its causes. People have other things for themselves but if you have a little patience it can happen that something comes up that gives you a boost.

Be patient
TheDude

Post by TheDude »

I though maybe there is some tab because it was on instructional page. But I was just not finding tab. I will keep working on it. Thanks
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

No problem since I made this video... :big_smile:
It's the opening of Nobody Knows You from the Unplugged album, described at:

http://12bar.de/cms/albums/unplugged/#NobodyKnowsYou

I'm playing the E7 notes after the C chord:

Code: Select all

C             E7        A7          Dm         A7 Dm           F     F#dim
I----0-0---------0--------3-3---3-----1-1---1----3--1-1----------1---1---0---0-------I
I----1-1-----------3--2---2-2---2-----3-3---3----2--3-3----------1---1---1---1-------I
I----0-0-----0h1----------2-2---2-----2-2---2----2--2-2----------2---2---2---2-------I
I----2-2------------------2-2---2---0-----0----0----0----0-1-2-3---3---4---4---------I
I--3---3----------------0-----0------------------------------------------------------I
I----------0-------------------------------------------------------------------------I
 0:00                                                    0:09
That means a hammer-on from the open G string to the 1st fret, then the high E string, than down from the 3rd to
the 2nd fret on the B string.
TheDude

Post by TheDude »

Thanks for that tab but I am not sure we are talking about the same video ( unless I am really lost in reading tab) as there are no chords in the lick i was referring. But I bet you made this video too.
http://12bar.de/cms/wp-content/uploads/ ... t_Test.mp4
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

OK, sorry, I'll tab it as soon as I have some time!
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

The tab is now under the video... :big_smile:
TheDude

Post by TheDude »

Thank you. You are excellent teacher.
12bar
Site Admin