Where to get old issues of Guitar Player in Europe?

Talking Blues, news, cool links
weelie

Where to get old issues of Guitar Player in Europe?

Post by weelie »

I'd like to all possible interviews and articles made about Matt Guitar Murphy (I am doing an article on the man). Found that GP has had a story of him in June 2001 and May 1976. Anybody know where I could get these issues (or rather just the articles on Matt Murphy)? Through Ebay from the USA, it seems mags cost only a like $8-10 dollars but shipping a lot more.
MichaelRobinson

Re: Where to get old issues of Guitar Player in Europe?

Post by MichaelRobinson »

I am sorry. If I could help you I would do it but I have not a clue how.
vancouverois

Post by vancouverois »

Perhaps you could find it in the book/magazine collector's world in Europe though it's an American
magazine. Have you tried in UK ?
Jan 15th 2007
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

Maybe:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ERIC-CLAPTON- ... 257f3fb5a2

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MARSHALL-TUCK ... 54012b314d

:beer:

Maybe I even have the 2001 one, because there's a well know guitar player on the cover... but it's hard to find on the attic. :whistle:
weelie

Post by weelie »

Thanks guys!
MichaelRobinson

Post by MichaelRobinson »

Now up grant fell down.
In the city I live save the library on the magazines they subscribe to. I myself have borrowed a stack of electronics magazines, once upon a time.
Maybe your library have what you seek.
weelie

Post by weelie »

Actually, for 2001 issue I put a request through to library to get it or a phot copy of the article (from main libraries in Finland or Scandinavia). We'll see, if they get it, I will request the 1976 one too, maybe. Or then I will just buy it from ebay.uk.

I have Gp year 2000 issues I bought from a library for 1€ (total for all issues), as libraries mostly keep only last two years. I wish they had sold me all the old ones at that rate! I keep those GP 2000 issues at the in-laws, saved me from eternal boredom many times already. :D

I actually already bought a Juke Blues magazine (issue 20, with Matt Murphy on the cover) from publisher for £10. It's on its way to me.

In the mean time, I have interviewed Matt Murphy himself by phone, and tried to get an interview with his nephew (called him already, but no success so far, also might try to get his brother, who played on the Sun records original "Mystery train" in the 50s), and interviewed a sax player he played with for a decade, and tried to connect to the son of one of his childhood friends. So the magazines are not a must, but I think old mags just might have stuff nobody else remembers! Interviews are tricky business, seems like 50% of the you only get the standard answers, instead of something really interesting.