Reso loop (sound demo)

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Reso loop (sound demo)

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

Well the recording King Resonator has been converted to lefty :lefty:
She gave me quite a bit of a struggle

When I removed the strapholder + screw on the back of the guitar in order to be able to remove the tailpiece, without me noticing a little piece of wood must have come detached ( wood is there to give the strap screw some material to hold on to :)

I didn't notice so I got on with the job, I removed the cone cover, turned the cone 180 degrees and refitted the cone cover with all of it's screws.
After that I put on some new .12 Elixir strings, Vincent my sone fetched for me :thumbsup:
Since I didn't have a blank topnut I decided to first adjust the current nut's slots to the new string order.

Well, job done, so I took the guitar of my workbench and... kloink.. :yikes: strange sounds from the innerworkings of the guitar.
Wel to cut a long story short with a little torch I looke and saw the piece of wood grinning deep down inside :wall:
Since I was fed up for that moment, I used tuned the guitar and played a little.

While still fighting a heavy flu, I had neglected for some 3 days because of ugent matter @ work, I took my time to undo the parts again and reglue the wood.
It's done by now.
Feeling a bit better, I recorded a quick loop with some picking stuff ( A, E7, Fm7,D ( and in stead of the D some Cm7s for sound color))
After that I trew it in the all familiar loop and threw some lead notes over the loop.
Picked the least bad parts and uploaded it here :)

@ mic's used, a Shure PG57 and a Shure SM57 some 25 cm apart 40 CM away from the guitar. left one (PG57) pointing towards the cone and the SM57 towards the F-holes.

I'd better keep in mind not to move much while standing and recording :naughty:

Not real blues or even slide/reso style of playing, but hey... that's me :wink:
download/file.php?id=2419
Attachments

Reso loop.mp3 - (3.4 MiB)

A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
ratfinkdan

Re: Reso loop (sound demo)

Post by ratfinkdan »

Sounds good HBL! the sound , tone is very retro sounding, I like it! The skynyrd boys would be proud! Dan
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

Nice sounds HBL! :thumbsup:

Know what you mean about moving around with an acoustic guitar while recording - I guess the changes that can happen from that movement can be used in a positive way if done for deliberate effect. But it's very difficult not to move if you're used to playing an electric while recording. I'm usually walking about the room when recording a guitar part - difficult to break a habit like that. :sad:

Hope you feel better soon :fingerscrossed: - not a great idea to keep working while ill - but I've done the same myself often enough.
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

If things can go bad, they will go bad (Murphy) :alright:

But - the result was worth the work. Sounds great still having the HBL signature. Some slide will sound great, too, I think. :dance:

About the flu - over here half of my friends have it... Get well!
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

yeah the moving... mhh gotta sit down and resolder all the joints in my Behringer B1 mic. If I can use that one again, it's won't make to much of a difference.

For slide playing I have to lay my hands on a blank nut. the one that's on the guitar now has been cut for fingerstyle playing, not slide.
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
Blindboy

Post by Blindboy »

Very nice, HBL. :thumbsup:
I love the sound of a reso...
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"
tytlblues

Post by tytlblues »

:thumbsup: great sound HBL
Tytlblues

"Notes are expensive... spend them wisely”