Hi (Back) from east of France !

Guest book, site news and suggestions, introductions
matcaz

Hi (Back) from east of France !

Post by matcaz »

Hello everybody,

I m glad to meet you again, and to enjoy forums as well!!
I was speachless for a while now... But the Blues rules me again. I worked the last year in a new musical project, where I explored Open G, Open D, Open D minor tuning and Bluesbreakers and Mick Taylor guitar's playing style, Delta blues, and Stoogian Punk.
For now, all my tabs are in my head and ears and as soon as I ll be able to do it, I ll share with you these by posting it on the forum.
I try to tab blues singer buddy guy as well, but it s a harder job...

See you soon,
12bar
Site Admin

Re: Hi (Back) from east of France !

Post by 12bar »

Bonjour and :welcome: back!
Sounds interesting...
matcaz

Post by matcaz »

Hi Bluesmen!

For this time, I don't have tab yet the mick taylor solo scores... But I will for sure.

My Godness, I saw it was one year I did not post anything... And I have to say that's a shame because you bring me so many new ways to approach guitars, blues,... And for that THANK YOU Gerd and all mates of 12bar.de!!

During this last year, I developped a project of blues garage called HOboken Division inspired from Kimbrough, Burnside and Mississippi Fred McDowell and all the Hill Country Blues scene.

I'm glad to introduce to you this number that would not be out without all of you and this whole website:
Shoot That Chicken
KRObZ_6Xi-k.

Hope you ll like it.
Keep in post! :beer:
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

Sounds and looks very professional and you sure enjoy playing! Maybe a bit less volume/distortion at the guitar part (like on the other songs) would make it even better.
Keep on! :thumbsup:

(Hoboken always reminds me of the railway station when I was traveling every day from New Jersey to New York during my vacations over there. Such a great time...)
matcaz

Post by matcaz »

Wow... That's the meaning of the name!

We choose it because there was US soldier travelling for WWI boarding in Hoboken saying to friends and family: "Heaven, hell or Hoboken at christmas!". There was one of the first time jazz & blues musicians share their music in Europe ;)
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

That was a great post. Love it to bits, well done !
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
MichaelRobinson

Post by MichaelRobinson »

Proffesionel and wery "tasty". I like the sound of you're guitar with dist and all. :thumbsup:
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

matcaz wrote:During this last year, I developped a project of blues garage called HOboken Division inspired from Kimbrough, Burnside and Mississippi Fred McDowell and all the Hill Country Blues scene.
You may not have posted here for a year, but you've obviously been very busy and busy with great success too - very professional recording/video and played with a lot of feeling. :clap: :clap:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

matcaz wrote:Wow... That's the meaning of the name!

We choose it because there was US soldier travelling for WWI boarding in Hoboken saying to friends and family: "Heaven, hell or Hoboken at christmas!". There was one of the first time jazz & blues musicians share their music in Europe ;)
Thanks, didn't know this - and it's a very bluesy name!
matcaz

Post by matcaz »

Thank you all for your great feedbacks ;)
I m very glad to come back here, in the (web)house of true bluesmen!