Deep Blue BT

Upload your backing tracks here
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
JakeJ

Deep Blue BT

Post by JakeJ »

Hi Guys

Thought I would upload one of my songs and see what everyone thought... I muted the lead part so I guess it's considered a Backing Track now... This tune is a simple little 12 bar in the Key of E.... (E..A..B)... 70 Bpm's... rather long 8:30 min... So you have a lot of time to noodle around with it....
A little bit about this song... I did the drums as a little swing beat.... The Bass is really simple bass line... I then took my Gibson Les Paul and did a mutted guitar that kind a goes along with the bass line, in an early rock and role type of riff through my Cyber Twin SE... I then grabbed my Tele. and did a little bluesy background combo chord and riff thingy with the tone turned kinda dark...For The Rhythm I used my Strat. and the wammy bar and played the chord on the first beat...Then on another track I used my strat. to fill in a couple of notes here and there... So there are 5 guitar tracks each one doing it's thing... I used 5 different presets in my Cyber Twin for a little different sound on each track...I think they mixed together well...
For the pIano part I played it on my Yamaha digital grand piano through my California Blond Acoustic Amp...Playing just the chords and a little noodling around pretty simple stuff... To round it out I added some strings in the back ground... I love strings to hold everything together...and that's about it....It's a rather large file 7.9 megs so I hope it will upload if not I'll put it up on my web site also....Enjoy...JakeJ
http://www.jakej.com

download/file.php?id=117
Attachments

Deep Blue
Deep Blue.mp3 - (7.75 MiB)

Strummer07

Re: Deep Blue BT

Post by Strummer07 »

Hi JJ

Thanks for sharing your BT.................. .its a goodun !! .............. .sounds nice and lush!

I'm not usuallly a big 'Whammy bar' fan .........but it works nicely on here and gives a good bit of atmosphere

Goodness knows how many tracks your using overall if the guitar parts alone are taking up 5 !!....there's sure plenty goin on here !

I shall go and have a noodle over it !!
"Death is just a heartbeat away"
lyric from "Out in The Fields"
Gary Moore 1952-2011
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

Thanks for posting this BT JakeJ. Like the playing and there's a lot going on for what you call a simple little 12-bar. :thumbsup:

Will have to have a go at trying to play along with it as soon as I can drag myself away from the Aeolian BTs I'm obsessively playing at the moment.
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
JakeJ

Post by JakeJ »

Thanks
If I was a better Musician I probably could do all the parts in just a couple of tracks but since I'm not I do small parts and then combine them...Also a lot of copy and paste to put a tune together... I really admire the talents of people that can do it all on one guitar track... When I was in the High School band back in the 60's I was 5th chair trumpet and what I was playing did not sound like the song... but our Band instructor said those few notes played in the right spot at the right time is what brings the song together... I have never forgot that so I add little things in the background to try and tie things together...Sometimes it works and sometimes it's just a bunch of noise.... JakeJ
www.jakej.com
DavieGarden

Post by DavieGarden »

JakeJ wrote:Hi Guys

Thought I would upload one of my songs and see what everyone thought... I muted the lead part so I guess it's considered a Backing Track now... This tune is a simple little 12 bar in the Key of E.... (E..A..B)... 70 Bpm's... rather long 8:30 min... So you have a lot of time to noodle around with it....
A little bit about this song... I did the drums as a little swing beat.... The Bass is really simple bass line... I then took my Gibson Les Paul and did a mutted guitar that kind a goes along with the bass line, in an early rock and role type of riff through my Cyber Twin SE... I then grabbed my Tele. and did a little bluesy background combo chord and riff thingy with the tone turned kinda dark...For The Rhythm I used my Strat. and the wammy bar and played the chord on the first beat...Then on another track I used my strat. to fill in a couple of notes here and there... So there are 5 guitar tracks each one doing it's thing... I used 5 different presets in my Cyber Twin for a little different sound on each track...I think they mixed together well...
For the pIano part I played it on my Yamaha digital grand piano through my California Blond Acoustic Amp...Playing just the chords and a little noodling around pretty simple stuff... To round it out I added some strings in the back ground... I love strings to hold everything together...and that's about it....It's a rather large file 7.9 megs so I hope it will upload if not I'll put it up on my web site also....Enjoy...JakeJ
http://www.jakej.com
There's a real big sound in there, I'd have loved to hear your lead guitar in it to finish it off and it's uploading ok by the way. Good work, I can see the world's first 'Blues Opera' coming soon. Lol. :music2: