Another Newbie

Guest book, site news and suggestions, introductions
taylor

Another Newbie

Post by taylor »

Hello everyone, my name is Tony and I live in Buckinghamshire, England. I found the 12bar site a few weeks ago and thought it looked worth exploring further, then read some posts on the forum and decided to register. I have been playing guitar for about ten years, but don't really feel that I am getting very far. When I practice I often end up playing the same things or just noodling around, guess I lack a bit of direction, but maybe this is a fairly common story.
I enjoy blues, jazz and guitar music generally particularly Robben Ford, David Gilmour, Larry Carlton, Pat Metheny and of course EC.
I'm hoping joining this site will help me improve my playing, but I'll certainly enjoy joining in some of the dicussions on this forum. Bye for now.
Tony
VikingBlues

Re: Another Newbie

Post by VikingBlues »

:welcome: to the forum Tony. :D
taylor wrote:When I practice I often end up playing the same things or just noodling around, guess I lack a bit of direction, but maybe this is a fairly common story.
You would be amazed how common this story is! I have found the forum here very helpful in giving me a musical direction - hope it does that for you too.
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

:welcome:
Like VB said, many of us including me have this problem. There is help! :thumbsup:
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

Hey Tony, welcome here :)

A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
Blindboy

Post by Blindboy »

I've been playing a long time, and I suffer from the same malady... This site can help, if anything can. :thumbsup:
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"
tytlblues

Post by tytlblues »

Welcome....yes I have a chronic case of noodle non directionous playus disease!!!!
Tytlblues

"Notes are expensive... spend them wisely”
BB King
MichaelRobinson

Post by MichaelRobinson »

taylor wrote:When I practice I often end up playing the same things or just noodling around, guess I lack a bit of direction, but maybe this is a fairly common story.
Tony
I do the same. It's lack of selfdiciplin with the boring scale practises and that kind of stuff that i don't like.

And of course......................... :welcome: Tony. Hope you will enjoy this forum
Pena

Post by Pena »

:welcome: taylor to the best and friendliest blues site :music2:
Pena
"The blues is a low down achein' chill" Robert Johnson
2WheelsOfBlues

Post by 2WheelsOfBlues »

:wave: Tony :welcome: here.

You found the best blues site/forum there is, great to have you around :handshake:
play guitar like the wind, mysterious but definitely present....