Give Up Living (All Over Again)

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
MikeJackal

Give Up Living (All Over Again)

Post by MikeJackal »

Further to my video post yesterday, I worked on a studio version of the song with obviously much improved audio quality. I used Lilianne into my Fender Princeton 65, through an Alesis Mixing Desk, recorded in Adobe Audition. As some of you know this is my favourite song and although I didn't seem to get the solo as good as I can (probably due to the recording light flashing at me) I am still pleased with how it turned out. The backing music is all by me except the drums which are a very fortunate Lawrence Fritts track. Hope you enjoy!.
"You Only Live But Once, When Your Dead Your Done...So Let The Good Times Roll" - B.B. King
"I'm So Lonesome I Don't Even Have Me No Friend, I've Done So Much Crying Will I Ever Laugh Again" - Peter Green
VikingBlues

Re: Give Up Living (All Over Again)

Post by VikingBlues »

That's a high quality production you've recorded - nice engineering work. :clap: :thumbsup:

Good use of the bass, keyboards etc - multi-skilling coming through there. The Lawrence Fritts drum tracks are useful - it's so difficult to do DIY drums that sound any good without spending days on programming and tearing the hair out infrustration. You've managed a very strong set of vocals too.

The guitar playing is beautiful :pray: , though I can understand your frustration at getting the solo to work just the way you want. Listening to te multiple takes of "Need Your Love So Bad" on the Pious Bird album shows how much variation someone as good as PG had in playing their solos - always working at it and trying new things where the mood takes him.
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
Pena

Post by Pena »

WOOOOOOOO... what a mood. It's really hard for me to find the words in english to verbalize my feelings, when listening this :clap: :clap: :clap:
Singing and guitar playing... outstanding, you sure have PG running in your veins. :pray:
Envious... who, me... YEEEEEEEEES :D
Keep up the good work :lefty:
:HoF:
Pena
"The blues is a low down achein' chill" Robert Johnson
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

If you upload it here, I can :HoF: :dance:
2WheelsOfBlues

Post by 2WheelsOfBlues »

What can i say more :icon_whoknows:

Love it, great guitar work and singing :thumbsup:
play guitar like the wind, mysterious but definitely present....
MikeJackal

Post by MikeJackal »

Wow thanks guys, didn't expect it to get added to the playlist.
VB...I spent a day in America with the keyboard getting all those parts recorded and mastered and was really happy with the feel of it, even the drums worked fantastically because they kick up a notch just as the solo does too.
Thanks you Pena, I'm as self critical as anyone here so these comments mean a lot to me. Same to you 2wheels, thanks a lot.
Oh and not forget 12bar, I've uploaded the song so thanks to you also for having such an awesome website!
"You Only Live But Once, When Your Dead Your Done...So Let The Good Times Roll" - B.B. King
"I'm So Lonesome I Don't Even Have Me No Friend, I've Done So Much Crying Will I Ever Laugh Again" - Peter Green
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

Sorry, my fault - I didn't remember that this song is not public domain, it's copyrighted. :icon_whoknows:
With the lyrics included and the latest copyright lawsuits (look at youtube) I have to delete it from here.
MikeJackal

Post by MikeJackal »

Ah good point, yes I didn't think about that either. Might get away with it on soundclick as all the music is an original composition. You could always add my other song to the playlist if you like :D.