Getting Together....

Everything that doesn't fit elsewhere
Golfxzq

Getting Together....

Post by Golfxzq »

:D Hi Guys... just wanted to share with everyone a great time that I recently had.

Each year my wife and I try to attend a PGA golf tournament or two. When I was looking over the various tournaments which were within driving distance I noticed that the Texas Valero Open was in San Antonio, TX. Hay.. that's real close to Round Rock, Texas. Hay... that's where MoJoJim lives.

As some of you you may know, MoJoJim, Strummer07, and I have worked closely together on a colab or two so we have gotten to know each other quite well but only by email. Anyway, after much planning and emailing back and forth with MoJoJim the plan was set into motion. My wife and I had intended to stay in a hotel and take MoJoJim and his lovely wife out for dinner... but he would have no part of it. They invited us to their home for a delicious meal, great conversation and, of course, a little guitar playing.

The meal and company were outstanding... we spent four hours together and it seemed more like one. Our only regret was that Strummer07 and wife could not be there with us. We invited them, but the drive was a little long. Of course, we shared our trip with them via many photographs.

The attached picture was taken in MoJoJim's music room... isn't it great? I am so jealous! It has the best of everything... including guitars. That is MoJoJim on the left and me on the right. We had a great time... it's not often that 12Bar members can get together in person.
MoJoJim and Golfxzq
MoJoJim and Golfxzq
photo11 (Small).JPG (67.79 KiB) Viewed 7353 times
"Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right."
- Henry Ford
Blindboy

Re: Getting Together....

Post by Blindboy »

How cool is that? :thumbsup:
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

That's the coollest thing !
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

Wonderful! Thanks for sharing!! The world can be small... :wave:
Strummer07

Post by Strummer07 »

Its a super tale !! .. and a lovely pic ( You notice they've hidden the beers out of sight !!! :D )

Its is a great music room though ..just wish I was that organised !!

I just wish the world , or the Atlantic Ocean anyways ,was a bit smaller .....and I'd have been there !!

Next Time !! :thumbsup:
"Death is just a heartbeat away"
lyric from "Out in The Fields"
Gary Moore 1952-2011
DeaconBlues

Post by DeaconBlues »

Great story and pics!

I worked in Round Rock many moon ago. I miss the Texas Hill Country. :sad:

Luckily I can get Shiner beer almost anywhere these days, though. :D
That boy ain't right...,

but he's big on the North Sea Coast of Germany.
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

Heart-warming - very nice to see. Thanks for sharing it with us all. :thumbsup:

A room just for music :drool: - that looks good - much better than a corner of the living room! :big_smile:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
MojoJim

Post by MojoJim »

The excitement in anticipation of a visit with Golfxzq and his wife began building weeks in advance. We had a wonderful evening and just had the best time. Golfxzq and I had to be on best behaviour and not just dash off to the guitars as soon as they arrived. We got in a little playing but it could have gone on for days.

We missed the presence of our buddy Strummer07 and raised a glass to him. Hopefully, sometime soon...... :beer:

We envy folks like BlindBoy and DeaconBlues who get to play together every week. :music1: :music2:

Deacon, of course we had some Shiner Bock in the fridge. What else in this part of the country? :wink:

Golfxzq exagrerates my music setup. I have a spare bedroom in my small house. I get one half and my wife gets the other. It serves as office and craft room and computer room and storage room and....music room. We cleaned up for his the so it looked bigger. But it a nice setup and I spend a LOT of time there. And my wife is very tolerant when I start to spread into her side. :whistle:

It was a special treat for us to visit with a buddy (and wife) that I met through the 12bar site and got to know over the Internet. :banana: :banana: I hope it happens often. :thumbsup: