Five Long (fabulous) Years...

Everything that doesn't fit elsewhere
Blindboy

Five Long (fabulous) Years...

Post by Blindboy »

Saturday, May first Miriam and I celebrated five years together. (the first five of many to come)
123 - Copy.JPG
123 - Copy.JPG (40.09 KiB) Viewed 12982 times
We had our yearly anniversary/Mayday party and it was great! The weather was kind to us, it only snowed a tiny bit in the morning (snowed the day before, and on Sunday we got up to almost five inches! :yikes: ), we danced the Maypole, and played music until the wee wee hours. Many musicians showed up, we had drums, bass, guitars, keyboards, a fiddle, a flute, a tenor guitar, and many audience members. This year we even had a pig on a spit!
003 - Copy.JPG
003 - Copy.JPG (55.88 KiB) Viewed 12982 times
:chicken: :beer:
Here's lookin' at many more years with this wonderful woman! :big_smile:
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"
MojoJim

Re: Five Long (fabulous) Years...

Post by MojoJim »

Congratulations on five years together, Blindboy. The spirit of your celebration touches my heart. Best wishes for many happy years ahead.
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

Congratulations - my best wishes for many more happy years together Blindboy and Miriam. :clap:

You know how to celebrate these things properly - great stuff. :snacks: :beer: :banana:

Does it ever stop snowing for you?! :icon_whoknows:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
Strummer07

Post by Strummer07 »

Congrats Bb and Miriam ..............you guys sure know how to party over there !!

However this is a lovely reason to throw one ........now if you were just a tad closer !!! you'd have had some gatecrashers for sure !! Geetars at the ready !

and when you cook a bit 'o meat ..........Blimey you don't mess about !! Now was it caught wild in your woods .or did it come from a butcher???
"Death is just a heartbeat away"
lyric from "Out in The Fields"
Gary Moore 1952-2011
Blindboy

Post by Blindboy »

Strummer07 wrote:Congrats Bb and Miriam ..............you guys sure know how to party over there !!

However this is a lovely reason to throw one ........now if you were just a tad closer !!! you'd have had some gatecrashers for sure !! Geetars at the ready !

and when you cook a bit 'o meat ..........Blimey you don't mess about !! Now was it caught wild in your woods .or did it come from a butcher???
Wish you could have crashed... :thumbsup:
The pig came from the South Valley in Albuquerque. The guy who cooked it shot it the day before and processed it (actually a big deal!), then brought it over with the cooker and started it at about ten thirty in the morning. Took about eight hours to cook. He did't give his life in vain... He was VERY tasty :drool: .(not to mention the freezer full of meat we have for the rest of the summer.)
Blindboy

Post by Blindboy »

Thanks Mojo and VB. We appreciate the well wishes :thumbsup:
Jim... you are welcome to come next year. Round Rock isn't that far, and we have room for overnighters. :thumbsup:
VB... it will eventually stop snowing, then get beautiful for at least six months. :big_smile:
Bluesmole

Post by Bluesmole »

Congratulations and best wishes for a long and healthy future to you both. :chicken: :chicken:
"Big Bill Broonzy, a white boy's inspiration" (1963), and the Blues ever since.
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

Congratulations! :thumbsup:
Looks like a great party!

5 years - man that's already a long time ago... this year we've our 25th year... :whistle:
wildwood

Post by wildwood »

Congrats Blindboy... :clap:

You guys look very happy. My second wife (it took me twice to get it right) and I will celebrate our 23rd this year. It's amazing how quick the years go when you are with the right person.

Here's to many more happy years... :beer:
The blues won't get you to heaven but it'll drop you at the front door.
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

Congrats to the both of you :big_smile:
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
Golfxzq

Post by Golfxzq »

:beer: Congrats... Blindboy and Miriam... five years and counting... that is GREAT. Looks as though you had yourselves a fine celebration.
"Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right."
- Henry Ford
cruisemates

Post by cruisemates »

Like you, I got married later in life and we are on our fifth year as well. I'm not sure if that is what you mean, but no matter...

Congrats!
Blindboy

Post by Blindboy »

Thanks for all the good wishes, guys. Yeah, this isn't the first marriage for either of us, but I (we) intend for it to be the last. :thumbsup: