LEIPER’S FORK GUITARFEST SHOWCASES PRICELESS GUITARS

Everything that doesn't fit elsewhere
Golfxzq

Post by Golfxzq »

My grandson and I are going to this... Leiper's Fork is only a few miles down the road from my house. Can't wait. I'll post you guys some pictures. :banana:

AND WORLD CLASS PLAYERS

FREE EXHIBITION AND CONCERT SATURDAY, MAY 1

PLUS HOT AIR BALLOONS

On Saturday, May 1, the historic village of Leiper’s Fork in Williamson County will host GuitarFest: A Six-String Celebration of guitars and the amazing people who play them. Hours are 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. A free live concert featuring Larry Carlton kicks off at 3 p.m. at Lawnchair Theatre in the heart of the Village--so bring your chair. The guitar exhibit, which has been 15 years in the planning, represents a once-in-a-lifetime collection of iconic vintage guitars very rarely seen in public, according to event producers and Leiper’s Fork residents Paul Polycarpou, Aubrey Preston and Joe Glaser.

Among the prize collection of instruments will be a complete set of 1924 Gibson Lloyd Loar instruments, quite possibly the only set in existence. Also on display will be a 1954 prototype Fender Stratocaster, several 1958-60 Gibson Les Paul Standards and pre-war Martin flat tops, as well as many other Fenders, Gibsons and Gretches, according to Polycarpou.

Several celebrity guitars will be on display including Eric Clapton’s 1958 Gibson Explorer and Johnny Cash’s black Danny Ferrington guitar. In all, over 100 vintage instruments will be making a show stopping appearance. The Exhibition will be at the Leiper’s Creek Gallery in the heart of Leiper’s Fork Village; doors open at 11 a.m.

“None of the instruments on display are for sale, but they are the stuff that dreams are made of,” said Preston.

However, there are several items will be available for silent auction at the Heritage Foundation tent next to Country Boy Restaurant, including: a Jeweled Guitar Purse, artwork by by Coach Jimmy Gentry and Ben Johnson, a vintage guitar and A Guitar and Pen books by Robert Hicks.

Beginning at noon, several of Nashville’s top players will be on hand to entertain, give informal lessons, share advice and just plain talk about the guitars they love to play.

“We’ll have some of the best guitar players in the world to compliment the exhibit. On stage will be none other than legendary guitarist Larry Carlton with his special guest four- time Grammy nominee Robben Ford,” said Preston.

Carlton, whose career spans four decades, has played on hundreds of hits from artists as diverse as John Lennon, Dolly Parton, Michael Jackson and Barbara Streisand. His distinctive guitar playing can be heard on over 100 gold albums.

Also sharing the stages will be Rick Vito {Fleetwood Mac}, Jack Pearson {Allman Brothers}, Andy Reese, Mel Deal, Colin Linden, Fly Amero, Classical Guitar sensation Virginia Luque, Texas Blues legend Bugs Henderson, Reggie Young, Guthrie Trapp , Brent Mason and Al Perkins.

At 6 p.m., a hot air balloon fest will launch six to 10 balloons from the field near Puckett’s grocery.

“This just adds another dimension to this incredible day of guitars and music. The hot air balloons will be gorgeous as they launch and fly above the village. Later on in the evening balloons will be tethered and fire up for a ‘glow’. Everything is free to attend. Area restaurants offer a variety of dining choices,” said Preston.
"Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right."
- Henry Ford
Blindboy

Re: LEIPER’S FORK GUITARFEST SHOWCASES PRICELESS GUITARS

Post by Blindboy »

Sounds like a Hoot! Have big fun!! :chicken:
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"
Golfxzq

Post by Golfxzq »

:cry: It is POURING cats and dogs today with no let-up until Monday.... :tears:
- Henry Ford
Golfxzq

Post by Golfxzq »

:tears: This was a TOTAL wash out... lots of tornadoes and flooding in the area.

My back yard...

[youtube]hD3_aV-r24c[/youtube]
- Henry Ford
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

Golfxzq wrote::tears: This was a TOTAL wash out... lots of tornadoes and flooding in the area.
Damn - that's a shame after you were looking forward to it so much - sorry to hear that it all went so pear shaped. :alright:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
MojoJim

Post by MojoJim »

Wow! That's a lot of water. I checked the weather map yesterday and could see that there was lots of really bad weather in your area. Glad none of those tornadoes touched down near you. But that's really too bad about the Guitarfest though. It looks like you probably have a pretty back yard when it's not flooded.