Open letter to members of 12bar Forum

Everything that doesn't fit elsewhere
Blindboy

Open letter to members of 12bar Forum

Post by Blindboy »

I just want to thank the members of this forum for their enthusiasm, friendlyness, (MAC comes to mind on those) and general encouragement. I had been getting kind of jaded with playing. Hadn't played at all except for parties, open mics, and (very occasional) gigs, in ten years. Never played by myself. Getting on this forum and meeting some of the folks here has really gotten me back into playing for its own sake. I still don't practice enough or play much without other people, but it is getting better, and I am getting out much more. I attribute this largely to the folks on this forum. In the last three years, I have lost two of my best musician friends, and two more have moved away. This can discourage a person. There are only at most a couple of thousand people living in my community, and while we have a large proportion of musicians here, losing four in only a short time is pretty hard. :sad: There is, however, some new blood moving in, and things are looking up with the local scene.
At any rate, I credit the 12bar forum and its' great members with helping pull me out of a three year funk and encouraging me to play again.
THANKS Y'ALL! :thumbsup:
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Re: Open letter to members of 12bar Forum

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

BB, It sure feels good to be part of the community that has such a positive influence on someone.
I think it is fantastic that we ALL at 12bar, just by being who we are and just being busy with what we al love, playing guitar and blues have positive side effects.

Please remember to thank yourself my friend :) Remember you are a well fitting part of the 12bar community.
I'm glad you found your way here :thumbsup:
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

I'm very glad you were encouraged to play more and let us guys on the forum hear your playing BB. :thumbsup:

You have in turn encouraged my playing and I'm sure other members of the forum would agree. They also have encouraged my attempts at playing and have helped to kep my enthusiasm going, particularly when times have been difficult and my mood low. :D

It's so easy to be discouraged in our attempts to make creative music and to learn. I don't think there is any other guitar forum out there which has such a community spirit. 12bar has done a wonderful job with this site and he, the mods, and everyone have made my life so much happier. :clap:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

All I can say is: Thank you all. YOU are the 12bar forum. :clap:
It's always a pleasure to read and listen here, to learn new things and to refresh what I once knew. :oldie:
Strummer07

Blind boy.... .and thank you too !!!

Post by Strummer07 »

Nice note Blindboy, good on you. Lovely sentiments

I couln't agree more ................this is a super Community and a great help to a whole lot of people and a good bit of fun on occasions

I also wholeheartedly agree with HBL ...you are an important member and much appreciated member on here ..you add a whole different perspective on Music and the Blues

Long may you regail us with your tales of Wine bar Blues and minor Geetar adjustments and other Road stories ... :thumbsup:
"Death is just a heartbeat away"
lyric from "Out in The Fields"
Gary Moore 1952-2011
Golfxzq

Post by Golfxzq »

BB... Thanks for posting that feeling. As with all the others, I agree, you are a very integral part of this forum. I especially enjoy the informal gig postings with you and your friends. It gives the rest of us a glimpse into the life of a friend. I find this site a wonderful place... although we are scattered around the world it is sort of like all of us in the same room at a party chatting about playing and playing a few songs. I can't wait to check out what is new each day. Life is hard sometimes, I also lost a very close friend last September, only a few months after starting my guitar training. It is hard to hold interest when you are in a funk. When I came across this forum in the spring and starting to get involved it gave me incentive to practice more and provided me with many new ideas.

We are all glad that you came to the party!
"Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right."
- Henry Ford
wildwood

Post by wildwood »

Very insightful post BB...

I gotta say that of the three blues guitar forums that I frequent this is by far the best of the bunch. The other two are so large in membership that it can be hard to develop any kind of personal cohesion amongst the group. Don't get me wrong...there is something to be said for a growing membership but this place seems much more intimate than the rest. I sometimes feel like we are sitting on the back porch shooting the sh*t and playing guitars even though we are all half a planet away.

My thanks as well to 12bar and the rest of the membership... :cool:
The blues won't get you to heaven but it'll drop you at the front door.
Blindboy

Post by Blindboy »

Heh! See what I mean? With your replies you guys all have made my point. This is a great community. :peace:
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"
MojoJim

Post by MojoJim »

Blind Boy,
As others have already expressed, we should be extending our thanks to you for the good things you bring to the forum. Great music, super good stories, interesting pictures. And did I mention great music?

I think the 12bar forum is such an enriching place because of all the differences in skills, perspectives, life histories, etc. that the members bring. But really it works because of the unfailing good will the members show in their participation.

For me, it's been the cocoon that's brought me from a guy with a new guitar, no idea of what to do with it and no music background to someone who knows at least a little bit about many aspects of playing blues.

I look forward to sharing the forum in the future with you and with all the other great members.