Another EC Biography

Everything that doesn't fit elsewhere
vancouverois

Another EC Biography

Post by vancouverois »

And some tasteless advertisement around this book.
BS or truth? Who cares BTW!
http://www.msn.com/en-ca/video/entertai ... vi-BBicNA1
Jan 15th 2007
VikingBlues

Re: Another EC Biography

Post by VikingBlues »

Oh dear indeed! I don't think that'll be on my birthday present list either. :sad:

I noticed the frequent use of the word "might" in the story / book. Quite how a book so heavily reliant on speculation can be called "definitive" beats me.

Fairly typical of the current standards of journalism and reporting though.
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
12bar
Site Admin

Re: Another EC Biography

Post by 12bar »

http://www.amazon.com/Motherless-Child- ... 472212703/

Will be released on March 12. Who is Paul Scott? "Paul Scott writes regularly for the Entertainment section of the Daily Mail. He is also the author of biographies of Robbie Williams and Gary Barlow. " Hmmm.....
Timed for release around Clapton's 70th birthday, MOTHERLESS CHILD will be the ultimate celebration and definitive biography of one of the most influential musicians alive today. From the 1960s graffiti proclaiming 'Clapton is God', to his seminal work in supergroup Cream and his phenomenally successful solo career, Eric Clapton has achieved the status of bona fide living legend and enduring icon. Now in his sixth decade in the music business, he occupies an exulted position at the pinnacle of the rock world thanks to songs like Layla, Wonderful Tonight and Tears In Heaven, and for many is considered the greatest guitarist who ever lived. This book will chart his rise to stardom in the 60s and his unparalleled success since walking out of the Yardbirds as a 20-year-old to follow his chosen path of the blues with John Mayall's Bluesbreakers and later with Jack Bruce and Ginger Baker in supergroup Cream, as well as his successful solo career. However, his success has come at a price. Once a happy well-adjusted boy, the young Clapton was devastated by the realisation at the age of nine that the woman he thought was his sister was in fact his mother, and that the couple he thought were his parents were his maternal grandparents. His treatment by his mother was also to shape his future turbulent relationships with the women in his life, including his failed first marriage to model Pattie Boyd, who was married to Clapton's close friend George Harrison when he fell for her. Motherless Child also chronicles his battles with the demons of drugs and alcohol, his successful journey to sobriety, and examines his legacy as one of the most influential musicans of his generation. This is essential reading for any Clapton fan.