off topic since it's a sort of 'elevator jazzy folk'

Everything that doesn't fit elsewhere
BigmamaDee

off topic since it's a sort of 'elevator jazzy folk'

Post by BigmamaDee »

Hi everyone,

last year I wrote a song for my husband. I played it rather minimalistic on the acoustic guitar. then Carlo presti ( a drummer I know from Soundcloud) added the drums and Tytlblues played an OUTSTANDING jazz solo over my acoustic guitar.
I don't think you guys heard him play like this before but I think it should be heard.
you guys have heard my blues, my folk, my classic spiritual jazz.. lets go even more off topic and now.. elevator music hahhaha

Dee: composition, lyrics, vocals, acoustic guitar, digital piano
Tytlblues lead jazz guitar
Carlo Presti: Drums
mix: Tytlblues
download/file.php?id=3028
Attachments

Two as one
Two as one met Tom en Carlo 2014.mp3 - (5.35 MiB)

tytlblues

Re: off topic since it's a sort of 'elevator jazzy folk'

Post by tytlblues »

Oh Dee, hey, I had forgotten about this track...but one of my favorites of yours!!! Just back from a quick 4 day trip....14 hour drive from Texas to Arizona, a quick 2 day visit with the (unfortunately) aging parents, and 14 hour drive home!!! Me, my wife, and the girls!!! (our dog and cat) :wink: :wink: :wink:

Always loved the track you gave me to work with, and Carlo did a fine job also....as your vocals as always :bb: :bb: :bb: :bb: :bb:
Tytlblues

"Notes are expensive... spend them wisely”
BB King
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

Not elevator music, but certainly uplifting! :thumbsup:

Lovely playing Tytl - very much for my ears in a mellow Jan Akkerman tone and mode - which gets my vote. :clap:

The whole group arrangement is very good indeed, and the lyrics and delivery of the vocal is absolutely first class. :pray:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

VikingBlues wrote:The whole group arrangement is very good indeed, and the lyrics and delivery of the vocal is absolutely first class. :pray:
That sums it all up... professional in every way. Usually I use the stairs, but... :think: :lol:
MichaelRobinson

Post by MichaelRobinson »

BigMamaDee.

This is so professional so few words in addition to being professional, I have not............... :pray: :thumbsup:
BigmamaDee

Post by BigmamaDee »

:shy: thanks guys! it was a surprise song for my husband, and believe me, when Tom send me the track with his guitar I was totally stunned! plus I never ever had expected him to keep my guitar in the track.
team tytl&Dee eh!
now don't put me on the pedestal of a pro PLEAAAASE.. I am not. so much to learn still, just the immense love for music AND playing with tytl makes it sound way and way better- like everyone I also have tracks that are ready to be crushed and fed to the pigs.. I just never ever release'm or go through with them as tytl knows first hand!
ok every now and then I do something with someone else or solo that comes out good too, but in my opinion, when I play with tytl it sounds like we're on stage.
ha I wish! he really needs a vacation in Holland I feel...... :tease:
MichaelRobinson

Post by MichaelRobinson »

BigMamaDee

OK. I will not put you on a pedestal. As you say you have some bad recordings too, if I understod you right. Did I ?

The new duo.............Tytle&BigMamaDee.......Yes it's true. You both do what you do very good together. That's the truth..............Just let rolling........... :big_smile:
BigmamaDee

Post by BigmamaDee »

yes MR you understood right! I screw up too just as much as everyone else!