In Memory of MoJo Jim

Everything that doesn't fit elsewhere
Golfxzq

In Memory of MoJo Jim

Post by Golfxzq »

This great Blues song is shared in memory of our good friend MoJo Jim who was tragically taken from this life on November 30 in a traffic accident. MoJo Jim was a lover of Blues and will be sadly missed but fondly remembered.

HuwbKakPRRI
"Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right."
- Henry Ford
12bar
Site Admin

Re: In Memory of MoJo Jim

Post by 12bar »

Sad news - R.I.P. MojoJim. Thanks for letting us know.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2863&p=19219#p19219
MichaelRobinson

Post by MichaelRobinson »

I feel the loss even though I never knew him personally. I have no other words. A sadness that he is gone.

R.I.P
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

That is such sad news indeed. Thank you for letting us know, and thank you Gerd for that link to remind us of his music.

What a terrible shock for all his family and friends - my deepest sympathies to them all.

RIP Mojo Jim.
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
Golfxzq

Post by Golfxzq »

Thanks for the thoughts guys, MoJo Jim will be terribly missed. Since Strummer, MoJo Jim, and I have not been very active in 12Bar in the past few years I thought some of you "old timers" that were around when MoJo first decided to take up guitar and joined this forum might like to hear how well Jim had progressed in his playing. I don't think he had posted anything to 12Bar recently but he still liked to check in occasionally to see what others were up to and follow some of the discussions. Jim was always very critical of his own playing, he was a perfectionist in whatever he did, but you can hear that he was becoming very accomplished in his Blues playing. This is all Jim, no help at all from Stummer or me. He was quite accomplished with his DAW and developed his own backing track.

download/file.php?id=2951
Attachments

Jim's latest recording
Jim's Showcase #1 Apr 29.mp3 - (910.2 KiB)

"Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right."
- Henry Ford
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

Golfxzq wrote:Thanks for the thoughts guys, MoJo Jim will be terribly missed. Since Strummer, MoJo Jim, and I have not been very active in 12Bar in the past few years I thought some of you "old timers" that were around when MoJo first decided to take up guitar and joined this forum might like to hear how well Jim had progressed in his playing. I don't think he had posted anything to 12Bar recently but he still liked to check in occasionally to see what others were up to and follow some of the discussions. Jim was always very critical of his own playing, he was a perfectionist in whatever he did, but you can hear that he was becoming very accomplished in his Blues playing. This is all Jim, no help at all from Stummer or me. He was quite accomplished with his DAW and developed his own backing track.

download/file.php?id=2951
You're absolutely right about "becoming very accomplished" - this is very apparent in the playing and the arrangement. Thank you for posting this recording.
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
Blindboy

Post by Blindboy »

Oh no! My wife Miriam and I met up with Jim and his wife at Antones on our visit to Austin last year and we enjoyed thier company very much. This is such sad news. He was a very nice guy and was progressing very well in his music.
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"
vancouverois

Post by vancouverois »

Sad shocking news...
All my condolences and my deepest sympathies to his family and friends.
RIP
Jan 15th 2007