Horror Holidays

Everything that doesn't fit elsewhere
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Horror Holidays

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

I haven't been here for some three weeks. I had my holidays.......

My holiday started of with the death of our Beagle Bengel (11 y/o) at 5 Augustus ( my first day of a two weeks holiday).

Things even got worse when Saturday morning the 16th my sister phoned at 4:30 in the night.
Telling me my mother was once again in the hospital, only this time she wouldn't come out again.....
Last Tuesday my mother passed away peacefully at the age of 82 after 10 years of beating death time after time.
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
MikeL

Re: Horror Holidays

Post by MikeL »

The only thing that really matters during our brief stint on this spinning blue orb is that we have the opportunity to love and to be loved. I can tell from your words that your mother experienced both of those gifts. My sincere condolences to you and you family.
MichaelRobinson

Post by MichaelRobinson »

I understand it has been very hard for you. I can imagine that you are struggling with your feelings and thoughts a lot for a long time, not just on the past holiday, but for many years. Now the grieving process and it may take time. Maybe it can be part of the reworking to play a little guitar. If not in the forum so for yourself at your chambers.
Blindboy

Post by Blindboy »

God,HBL, I'm so sorry for your losses. I'll hope and pray for strength for you and your family during these hard times. As Michael says, perhaps music may offer some consolation. It has for me.
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"
vancouverois

Post by vancouverois »

I'm sorry by the news of your mother's passing.
Our thoughts are with you and your family during these difficult times.
Jan 15th 2007
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

Thanks so much guys.
The most important thing for me is that she no longer is suffering of lots of pain and discomfort.
It makes her passong a bit easier to accept. The grieve stays the same though.
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

Words just aren't adequate for occasions like these. There is comfort to be found in an end to suffering pain, a way in which far too many people have to end their lifespan. Please accept my condolences for your loss. Indeed for your losses - I know too just how painful the loss of a loved family dog can be - it's not just an animal but a great friend.
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

I'm just back form holidays and now reading the horror news - my deepest condolences to you and your family. It's only a few years ago that I lost my mother from one second to another, so I know that it's a hard time. I wish you strength, maybe the music helps a bit.
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

VB, Gerd,

Thank you for the kind words.
In our case the loss of my mother dimmed the the one of Bengel our loved beagle.
We'll come over both and carry on with our normal lives, no doubt about that.
Right now I'm keeping a watchfull ear/eye over my 82 y/o father, who now in stead of taking care of my mother 24 hours a day must fill his time with other things.
Strummer07

Post by Strummer07 »

Tough Times Hans, so sorry to hear about your loss, losses in fact.
At least you have a sister to help you with all that needs to be done.
Condolences to you and your family
"Death is just a heartbeat away"
lyric from "Out in The Fields"
Gary Moore 1952-2011