Abandoning

Everything that doesn't fit elsewhere
MichaelRobinson

Abandoning

Post by MichaelRobinson »

I think I do like many others before me. Abandoning this forum. The difference is that I'm saying it

Bye
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Re: Abandoning

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

Michael,

Don't tell me you are pissed off because you didn't get a reply to your last topic withing about 6 hours....
There is a small group of people still active here and the majority of them have other focal points to.
It may sound strange, but I don't mind when people don't react at all on my posts. I just think wrong post at the wrong time, next...
Besides, at times you have a high post/music output rate and keeping up with all is difficult for some of us.

Just picture this : I get up at 5:20 in the morning and fetch the bus at 6:30 to go to work. I return from work between 18:00 and 18:30.
I have to eat, walk the dog twice a day, spend some time with my family. Playing some guitar is nice also.
Between all this I still study (CISCCP). So sorry mate, but I do not feel too quilty when I am slow in responding or lacking response for that matter.
If I can manage I listen, comment and post myself. If not, well it is what it is.

:wave:
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

Oh yes, I wish I had more time for the music, too. :icon_whoknows:

On the other hand, besides working every day, training kids in sports, doing sports myself I also have and love my family.

I try to keep this forum running, I listen and read every post, remove several "kitchen offers" every day (I don't understand why for heavens sake they to ads for kitchens, and only kitchen here... :wall: ) and sometimes I can contribute something. Many communities, be it mailing lists or forums, currently die because of Facebook etc. The good thing here is that no one is using our personal data for anything and I try to keep this one friendly.

Currently I need some hours to learn and tweak my new audio interface, there's so much to do. But it freezes every 5 minutes...
nonono.jpg
nonono.jpg (29.64 KiB) Viewed 10177 times
MichaelRobinson

I understand that you have your life. However, I take no responsibility for how you want your life.
MichaelRobinson

To my knowledge, many just disappeared away from the forum without saying goodbye. So I'm doing wrong, saying goodbye, officially.

Bye, and I hope you will have a good life.

MR
Blindboy

Post by Blindboy »

I'm still here, Michael, just not very active. I read and listen to posts, just don't reply much. I, like everyone else, have a lot on my plate, including some major health issues (which I know you can understand). If my, or anyone elses' lack of response has offended you, I apologise.
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"
MichaelRobinson

I give up. You win. Ihear from me now and then. So then I probably will not upload anything as often as I did. It will still be just repetition.

See you now and then. Not often
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

Glad to hear you're not going for good. :D

Like others, I'm finding so little time to spend here - or anywhere on line these days. I think it's now about 3 months since I did anything at all on Soundcloud and I was spending at least an hour a day there and had built up a big collection of songs, followers, and been following many others. Numbers of guitar forums I use has halved. I see it's a week since I managed to post here and I think it fair to say you couldn't get rid of my multiple daily posts here for quite some years. Time seems to have speeded up hugely and I guess also that exploring new music is taking up a lot of my time - and lots of what I do now is not appropriate for here, much as I'd like to share it.

So like Blindboy I'd also say if my lack of response has offended you, I apologise.

I appreciate this forum, and appreciate the efforts of 12bar and HBL to provide the forum for us all to take part in. :clap: This place is wonderfully free of trolls and know it all smart asses that infest the internet. So far in my experience all the busier forums are infested with them, and all forums like this where you can be assured of courtesy and encouragement rather than ridicule, are all pretty quiet. Bit like life in general - the larger the group of people the more unpleasant they are.
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
MikeL

Post by MikeL »

VikingBlues wrote:I appreciate this forum, and appreciate the efforts of 12bar and HBL to provide the forum for us all to take part in. :clap: This place is wonderfully free of trolls and know it all smart asses that infest the internet.
Well said VB. As has been noted, this is a fairly low traffic group but the content and civility is top rate. The forum wouldn't exist without people to spark conversations. In many cases a thread may get no responses because other members have nothing to add or are simply be too busy to participate at that moment in time. But that doesn't mean the original post was wasted.

Michael, when I started reading this forum you and I were pretty much at the same level as players. Now you've soared ahead of me. Please stick around because the better your playing gets, the more confidence I'll have that I may someday progress enough to play with some mojo.

Regards,
Mike - who wasn't able to play for 2 months due to elbow bursitis :tears: but can now play again, even if it's just rank beginner stuff :chicken:
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

MikeL wrote:Mike - who wasn't able to play for 2 months due to elbow bursitis :tears: but can now play again, even if it's just rank beginner stuff :chicken:
That's hard, but I found that even when not playing for a while not everything has gone. Start slowly again, stop before it hurts... :thumbsup:
MichaelRobinson

Guys

The spark I had in the beginning as a member of this forum has gone almost completely. I have so many personal problems that takes all my energy. My guitar playing is almost completely down. It is only now and then I play and then a few minutes. My mind is so darkened that I am not able to generate any sense. My soul and my emotional life is so dark and hell of. It's not that I want to lead by being bad at writing and to bring something useful to this forum. I am unable to deliver anything sensible.

I put a end to my writing in this thread. I have nothing to add, in this thread.