Mojo

Everything that doesn't fit elsewhere
MichaelRobinson

Mojo

Post by MichaelRobinson »

Since I do not know what it was only heard about it, I looked it up.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mojo_%28Af ... culture%29

I feel a strong need for a Mojo. I realy need a Mojo.
VikingBlues

Re: Mojo

Post by VikingBlues »

I must admit I hadn't realised about it originally being a charm or spell - always thought of it in the more common usage now of talent / appeal.

"Got my mojo working" as the song goes ...... :think: hmmm ...... I think if I've got MY mojo working then it must be working abroad thousands of miles away - haven't seen a sign of it or even heard from it for a long, long time. :sad:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
MichaelRobinson

Post by MichaelRobinson »

VikingBlues wrote:I must admit I hadn't realised about it originally being a charm or spell - always thought of it in the more common usage now of talent / appeal.

"Got my mojo working" as the song goes ...... :think: hmmm ...... I think if I've got MY mojo working then it must be working abroad thousands of miles away - haven't seen a sign of it or even heard from it for a long, long time. :sad:
I don't know, but I wonder. Has it something to do with some God, somewere in some culture ? I'm realy interested in it. I want to get deep into it.

Edit some time after comment of VB :
This can become diskution about. Where is the soul of the blues? Where is it? Guess it's who I think. It exists in each one, like a deep faith. It is not plagiarizing someone else's work. Blues is a painful form of art springing from torment of slaves. A sympathy with the slaves.
Mojo was a part of the believer, I'm about to take it to me completely. I need Mojo to get protection. Therefore, I'm wondering Mojo. Looking to have a Mojo round the neck.

I have an odd belief in the black in man and suffering from it.

I know I stick my neck out.

/MR
vancouverois

Post by vancouverois »

Your blues are good and are improving over the time, your fusion impro skills are good too.
Why do you not consider playing outside in a blues band?
You can meet musicians, share knowledge, practice and on the topmost have music projects to work on.
It doesn't matter if this band doesn't play in little venues, the gist is to rehearse in a band that plays the music you like.
Then forget about mojo and ethereal BS, you better play "Born under a bad sign" or "Superstition" instead. :wink:
Jan 15th 2007
velvetlicks

Post by velvetlicks »

"Mr. Mojo Risin", nickname for singer Jim Morrison and an anagram of his name
VL