Lost - 1 Urge

Everything that doesn't fit elsewhere
VikingBlues

Lost - 1 Urge

Post by VikingBlues »

Started looking for lessons - lost the urge.
Started getting GAS for a guitar build - lost the urge.
Was getting creative with the G3X pedal unit - lost the urge.
Was working on keyboard based synth music as a new creative outlet - lost the urge.
Was regularly browsing and enjoying taking part in several internet guitar forums - lost the urge.
Was getting enjoyment / stimulation from the music on Soundcloud - lost the urge.
Was getting GAS for a guitar - lost the urge.
:sad: ..... :sad: ..... :sad:
........ :wall: ........

If anyone sees my urge anywhere please give it a kick and send it home to me! :motz:

Thankfully I am at least still able to pick up the guitar and noodle on it. :phew:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
12bar
Site Admin

Re: Lost - 1 Urge

Post by 12bar »

Found it... :alright:

Get your guitar
get your amp
nothing more
connect
sit down
turn on and play
optionally with some good ole Blues in the background
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

Ah... and somekind of an explanation of the URGE process of somekind

A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
MichaelRobinson

Post by MichaelRobinson »

Seems to be a complicated litigation. Sit and wait for the process gets its natural circulation in order seems to me hopeless. Frustrated force bearing against a wall, the result for me. Fighting against the wall that will not move an inch. Grrrrrrrrr.................. :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

If you are forced to eat opiates to be satisfied, I do not want to be with. Then it's time to take a break, but it's hard to stop trying and trying.

It's a smaller hell trying to outdo himself and get somewhere.

Lost longing for the guitars a long time ago. Guess I have far too little variety in my pensioner's life. I don't have enough to do to divert the frustration. So competing with me to find THE song and sound.
Guitar playing can be a hell when the product is crap, as it often is.

I allso want to much and know to litle theory.
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

Ahhh ... that good old Cortex and Limbic system! With opiates as a reward. Maybe it's the opiates I need. :D
12bar wrote:Found it... :alright:

Get your guitar
get your amp
nothing more
connect
sit down
turn on and play
optionally with some good ole Blues in the background
Thank you :thumbsup: .... at least you've just proved I can still smile. :D
MichaelRobinson wrote:I allso want to much and know to litle theory.
I know what you mean. I think I also want to know more but I don't want to have to work at theory - which makes things a bit tricky!

My gut reaction to doing lessons when it came down to final decision was not positive though - not even close. I think some of this loss of appetite for things guitar has been due to my needing to readjust my aims and ambitions to a less ambitious level.
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
vancouverois

Post by vancouverois »

VikingBlues wrote:Ahhh ... that good old Cortex and Limbic system! With opiates as a reward. Maybe it's the opiates I need. :D
:lol:
VikingBlues wrote: My gut reaction to doing lessons when it came down to final decision was not positive though - not even close. I think some of this loss of appetite for things guitar has been due to my needing to readjust my aims and ambitions to a less ambitious level.
It may be what we call a plateau, unfortunately we can't practice guitar 100% of the time otherwise it would be really cool! :beer:
Jan 15th 2007