Time for a break

Everything that doesn't fit elsewhere
MichaelRobinson

Time for a break

Post by MichaelRobinson »

I'm going crazy!
Now I have played and practiced for a couple of years and are stuck in the same groove. Often I wish I never bought guitars and equipment. It sounds so fucking bad and I do not fix to churn out something sensible with a little class.

Time for vacation from whatever guitars called, for I am just crazy................. :angry: :wall: :motz:
VikingBlues

Re: Time for a break

Post by VikingBlues »

I know it's not of much help, because it's how you feel inside about your own guitar playing that's most important, but I can honestly say I have heard a huge improvement in your playing since you first started posting on 12bar less than 2 years ago. :clap:

Like your slow blues in G last month - Tytl's comment was "I go off line for a few months and you turn into a grown up blues guitarist!!! hearing phrasing and notes choices I've not heard in your playing before......great!!!"

and "A Simple Song" - also posted last month - the comment from 12bar of "Better? Perfect! To me it's the best song you've uploaded ever" was well deserved. And you managed to sustain that improv for 10 minutes, which is incedible. There was a lot of feedback on that thread which supports my view about how good your playing has become.

There is a difficulty of course that with each new level you reach it becomes that much more difficult to get yet more better.

And if you feel in need of a vacation from guitar a break isn't always a bad thing. But I don't think you should do this break feeling that you've failed.
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
MichaelRobinson

Re: Time for a break

Post by MichaelRobinson »

VB
I understand that both you and others mean well. The problem is that I feel that I am standing still. It is in a plateau phase, as a teacher would say, that I find myself in.

I simply can not manage to get to what I want and will snap out of it. It is better I take a break and jump on the guitar playing when and if I get the urge back.
I can not force myself to play. It is across the top and inside of me it will be a hell of struggling against a wall. I bet the forehead bloody and it could be pleasurable becomes, as I said, a hell.

I'm so out of the nerves that my life almost only consists of eat, shit and sleep.
I'm out in the nerves of being stuck in a corner and just watch the clock day in and day out.

I live in isolation and don't have any friends here. I'm out of order, totaly.

Guitar playing whas a releif from worrys and all diseases. That don't work any longer.

I have lived my life in a fast pace and ran out on me a long time ago and do not seem to heal the soul. I have burned me out of work and are stressed-out.

It's a long story but the point is; I have run out of energy long time ago and don't seem to heal.